would you buy this 2003 liberty sport?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amean94ta

Reaction score
ok here is my problem i took the jeep to a garage and found out its been hit and has a r title. the passenger fender is china made and has clear coat runs on the top inside. the core support was replaced with one from a 02 liberty the front flare's are held to the bumper with drywall screws and they put fog light plastics on when this one does not have the wiring. the battery tray is broken. the rack is seeping. the rear bumper is dented. it has 70k miles and runs good shifts good. 4wd works. has a stain on rear seat and the steering wheel vibrates at 50+mph it has 4 new tires so i dont think its a balance problem. its seeping coolant from somewhere and will need front brakes and rotors. the guy came down to $4700 what should i do or what would you do

amean94ta

Reaction score
ok then thats what i will do. ***** though i was excited about owning one and this is the first one i have found under 6k and i want to keep it under 6k cause i hate car payments oh well ill keep looking

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Surely The salesperson must have made a mistake $4700!
Tell him the price needs to be rebuilt with one less zero in the final amount!:)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
ThunderbirdJunkie bought his 2002 with no accidents at 50k in Oct '05 for 9600.

Right now, he would pay maybe 1500 for that wrecked thing.
Keep looking, man, there are better deals to be had. '02-3-4 KJs are getting cheap bro. Don't buy it!

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drywall screws are for drywall. If a shop/person was too lazy to use the proper gear when facilitating a repair, who know where else they cut corners. Run, but not before letting the salesguy know that it's a POS.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$4700 + Repairs = $?????

RUN...

I would guess you would have over $6k in it after fixing everything.. Has a replaced fender and everything in the front, which means accident, and the shake at speed could be something they didn't fix, tweaked front end, bent suspension, who knows!

Leaking fluids of all kinds... You gonna spend hundreds on just those repairs alone. Then who knows what else is wrong. If they put fender flares on with drywall screws maybe they put other parts on with whatever they had laying around.

I would say if it has a good motor and trans and the interior is in good shape, well except for that stain, then maybe, and a big maybe, $1500-$2000. Probably what they paid for it to buy it from an insurance company and slap it back together.

My 03' is a salvage titled, got it for $6k, but it was rebuilt with all OEM parts and nitpicked down to every detail. The shop i bought it from buys vehicles with average damage all the time as a project to do inbetween other customers vehicles, and they don't skimp out to save money, he always says he would rather keep his reputation then make more money.

Keep shopping... Autotrader... Etc...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is nothing bad about buying a wreck, IF it's fixed right. But in this case....it was wrecked, and botched together...

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is nothing bad about buying a wreck, IF it's fixed right. But in this case....it was wrecked, and botched together...

Agreed..

Sounds to me like they were trying to make a quick buck... Probably got maybe $2-3k tops into it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Probably put about [into the silver KJ]....how much is a pack of drywall screws? LOL! :D

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Well,just ship it on down here,will send a money order for 3000us,just wire the change to me,please.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not walk, but run away.

If they were asking $1,500 it might be worth putting a few bucks into it and correcting all the problems. But he "came down" to $4,700. No way for that. No way no how.

That liberty would be considered in "poor condition".

Members online

No members online now.