Woodie kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several years ago after I bought my Jeep new I received 4 or 6 issues of the "official" Jeep magazine. In one issue they had the 2003 or 2004 KJ, whatever year they first had the optional chrome grill. They showed a couple different Libs (one was black) with an optional vinyl woodie kit. Anybody ever see one, buy one, hear of one or did it never make it to market? 'Cause it looked freakin' awesome.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, ironically, saw a dark blue one today with a woody kit(or what could be called that). Reminded me of a PT Cruiser. I wasn't really a big fan of it.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
There are two cruising around here in the lower mainland.
One in an off white/almost cream colour and one in the Jeep metallic green.
The cream coloured one also has "Raised" Fibre glass "Wood" surrounds around the vinyl like what (Comes to mind) a 1965 Ford Country Squire Station Waggon.
Not my cup of tea, but it did look interesting!
If I ever see it again, I'll see if I can get some photo's for you.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 2001 SEMA show:
You must be registered for see images attach

Not a big fan but it wouldn't be on my Jeep so it doesn't really matter.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I like that picture right there, but the worst case of the Woody Kit I've ever seen was on a Red Sport.

It looked like garbage. Bad idea. Red Paint, Woody Kit, gray flares and get this... steel wheels. Ugggghhhhhh...

Glad they like it though. :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen one with a "woody kit" around here in the flesh a couple of times. It is light blue. It is the only one that I have seen outside of the pictures. It didn't look too bad with the light blue body color but that said, I am not a big fan of it. It is different though. But for $899 in that add .....OMG......you could get a locker.

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Talk about making something old new again. These decals IMO make any new style car look like crap, pure plain and simple. To each his own, but this fake woodie sticker belongs on a 1975 Ford Galaxy500 station wagon.(blarg)

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk about making something old new again. These decals IMO make any new style car look like crap, pure plain and simple. To each his own, but this fake woodie sticker belongs on a 1975 Ford Galaxy500 station wagon.(blarg)
A wood veneer instead of a vinyl decal would be a lot better looking. But how would you weather proof it?

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
A wood veneer instead of a vinyl decal would be a lot better looking. But how would you weather proof it?

Varnish...shellack...something like that I guess, but who in their right mind would want to put wood on the sides of their car if it was never there in the first place? :confused::rolleyes:

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys - come on... It's in the tradition of the mid '70s Grand Wagoneer! usa.gif

Ok, so I'm shoveling a little bs1.gif

Any custome car guy will tell you the secret to a sweet ride is two things.

One, it's should relflect what the owner wants.
Two, for the most part you can't mix styles.

4x4 guys tend to be a little bit more utilitarian. If it don't serve a purpose, it's not really needed. They aren't going to appreciate the strickers down the side as they will soon become scratched. (hence your grey/black fendered sport models).

Those looking for a little more elegance will have no problem putting these on the side of their chome grilled "Limited", and adding some chrome wire spoke wheels and maybe some full white wall tires. Why do you think they offered the "black tie" model.

Myself, If I wanted a PT cruiser - I would have bought one. Instead I bought a "Limited" as that's what the wife wanted. I'm still hoping to lift it, and get some more "trail time" on it, but I'll never be rockcrawling down the Rubicon with it either.

Customizing your ride is what it's about! As Jeeps tend to be one of the most customized vehicles there are, I say "To each his own." I've seen lowered hardtop TJs with low profile street tires and thought "what a waste", but that's just my opion, and it worth $.02 - if that. (rotflmao)(rotflmao)

Enjoy YOUR ride!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 2001 SEMA show:
You must be registered for see images attach

Not a big fan but it wouldn't be on my Jeep so it doesn't really matter.

*averts eyes* doughpoke.gif

Make it stop!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It'd be hard to restore your paint after a few years with the wood decal on it....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.