wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05liberty

Reaction score
I have a 2005 limited
Last night while driving the heater blower stopped working along with the signal lights and the reverse lights and the airbag light came on ? Every thing seemed to work except when I shut it off it wouldn't start again .. every thing powered on but no click ..nothing ??
Any one have any ideas ?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you check your battery?

Dave

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed that you need to check the battery first...as well as all battery connections are clean and tight including negative lead going to ground and grounding strap between engine and chassis.

If after fitting a new battery and it still does not tun over then check the actuator pin that activate the ignition switch is not broken.

05liberty

Reaction score
so I checked the ignition pin and it was fine , checked the fuses under the hood again and found one burnt so I changed it out .
Tried to start it and it seemed the battery was dead so I put the boost pack on it and it still wouldn't start , went to adjust the booster cables and when I turned back to the door smoke was rolling out of the window ... it was burning !!!!
I immediately un hooked the cables and turned off the ignition ( stupid me) ! I don't know what caused and its now in the hands of the insurance but I will let the form know what happened when I find out .

05liberty

Reaction score
Well its all fixed ! apparently there was a wire that got pinched behind a panel clip !?
Insurance covered it with no deductible.