wiring help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ok so I pulled apart the dash to change the heater core and silly me didnt label all the wiring connections now I am left with one connection that I can not figure out where it goes I am hoping someone will recognize it and tell me what it is supposed to connect to it looks like it should go to the radio but it is not is it possible it connects to nothing maybe to an option I don't have. thank you very much

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 26
  • wire2.jpg
    wire2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 20

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is it? Is it near anything else? Seems like it doesn't have much slack to go very far so you'd think the connection point would be close. When I did my blend door actuator on my 02, I seem to remember a connector like that that was not connected to anything. Not positive though.

justjeeps

Reaction score
I recently replaced my heater core to.

On an 02 /03 the environmental controls have two connector/plugs, along with two 12v power plugs , one for the ash tray and the other for 12v power for usb ect.

Did you check the hazard lights button? Mine is between the two ac vents? On my jeep it is very contrary to plug back in.

I will look through the pictures taken when I had my dash out.

O - my radio had two plugs one for the radio supply and the other for the multi cd changer in the back.

Last edited:

justjeeps

Reaction score
Ok so I pulled apart the dash to change the heater core and silly me did'nt label all the wiring connections now I am left with one connection that I can not figure out where it goes I am hoping someone will recognize it and tell me what it is supposed to connect to it looks like it should go to the radio but it is not is it possible it connects to nothing maybe to an option I don't have. thank you very much

Sorry no close up pic's of connectors, only pic's of the complete dash being out. In hind site the only issue with the harness was the lower routing around the air box over to the passenger side. Mind you I did miss the vacuum hose for the air box. It took some time to find it tucked up on the right side of the glove box area.

Perhaps by now you have located the issue.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the help so far everything seems to work it is not the plug for the ashtray or the temp controls my tadio has two plugs but only one is in use the other is for the steering control for the radio which I don't have as an option but the end is different anyways so it would not fit into it it looks like either it would go to something near the radio or the steering but so far everything is working. I do not have a usb outlet maybe it is for that if I had that option.