Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
but if you ask others on here, the rear is a bitch to replace. Not many places carry the right size for the rear. I think the stealership is still the best place to go to get that one, unless somebody on here has found one for cheaper.

I will say this though, i'm sold on those "exact fit" wipers from Napa. Best damn wipers i've ever had. No more streaking, chattering, and they actually move the water off the windshield, especially when i realize i need to re-rain-x....LOL.

Skidplate

Reaction score
I had found the discussions on the rear blades but nothing on the front. My BIL owns a service station so I get most of my "little" things from him and he hasn't updated his wiper reference book lately (he is now!) and of course it didn't show the Liberty. But yeah, with what little rake on the windshield there is I didn't think they were that long.

I gave up on rain x. I couldn't get it to stop chattering and stuff and then you can't remove cause it's nuke proof. I've been trying to get it off for a month now and nothing will do it. They recommend soft scrub but I'm thinking 40 grit and a grinder...Guess I didn't put it on correctly. When we picked the Lib up the dealer had done it and it was sweet but I can't duplicate it.

Ron

2003KJ

Reaction score
I find that the finest steel whool you can buy (number rating is #0000) and a little bit of liquid dish soap (dawn, palmolive whatever your favorite is, doesn't matter) will take it right off after a few washings. Also works very well for taking bugs off in the winter. Just take one piece, break it in half (save the other half for next time) add some of the soap, wet it a bit, and start scrubbing on wet windows and it works great. You don't have to really work it in there, just scrub normally and you shouldn't have any problems. Just DO NOT use it on the side mirrors (scratched mine) or the headlight covers (including fogs)...it will put faint scratches in them. You CAN use it on the windshield, side windows, and rear glass.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the rain x thats in the windshield washer already, i never use the little bottle except for the side windows and the back one. Its the orange stuff. It does great.