Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So its about time for some new blades and thought I'd see what you guys liked and or disliked about certain brands and blades. I also thought I read somewhere that you can go up one size blade and get a little more coverage area on the windshield, anyone heard of this or currently doing this? Thanks!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Yup +1" on both sides.
I have yet to find any blade that was really worth recommending .. they are all similar .. unless you pick the absolute cheapest ones which I would not recommend :D

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive tried both the rainx latitudes and valvoline auqa blades. Both seem to be good wipers but at hw speeds they pull water back onto the windshield when they go back down. Highly annoying, otherwise they are good. Rainx lasted two years, valvolines are about a month old.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using trico froce and love them. Work good in mud, heavy summer quebec snow, sand rain. But the best of all, they don't get all icy during winter! And since they are 1 piece, they stick to the windshield and they have a wind deflector so they stick more and more as your go faster and faster :)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
at hw speeds they pull water back onto the windshield when they go back down. Highly annoying,

This has happened with the last few sets I have tried .. not cheap wipers either.

So the Trico's don't pull water back at high speed?

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never add this issue. I would like to try it but now that we talk about blade it's not raining anymore outside...after almost 3 week of non-stop rain -_-. I would say I'm pretty sure they don't. I never noticed something like that since I have them.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has happened with the last few sets I have tried .. not cheap wipers either.

So the Trico's don't pull water back at high speed?

Same. It's only on the driver's side. I wonder if it's just the way the wind blows.

I have Bosch Evolutions. They're pretty good. I've had them on for about 3.5 years and they're still good. I also use lots of Rain-x though so that can be affecting the life. At highway speeds I often don't use my wipers.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool!, Thanks for the all suggestions, I might give the trico's a try and see how they do I too hate when the blades pull water back onto the windshield. Ill let you guys know what I pick up this weekend and how I like em.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed larger wipers on the front +1" on each side. Much better visability. I like the Bosch. I also use rain x repellent. It helps but sometimes I wonder if the rain x chemical causes squeaking.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed larger wipers on the front +1" on each side. Much better visability. I like the Bosch. I also use rain x repellent. It helps but sometimes I wonder if the rain x chemical causes squeaking.

In my opinion it actually prevents.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running rain-X repellent since I have the jeep and the trico never squeaked. The older blade did squeak but I did the treatment while changing wiper so can't really compare if it's the blade or the rain-x that prevent it.

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never noticed the squeak with the rain x application however, when I started using the rain x washer fluid, I noticed it started.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, for now I've only used Winter Rain-x fluid, We'll see if I can replicate when I get my washer tank empty and refill it with the summer bug remover rain-x.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to use the applied Rain-X, but I got lazy and just started using the Rain-X washer fluid. Works pretty well, especially with the Latitude wiper blades.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two top tier Bosch blades (Icon and Evolution) pull the rain back onto the windshield at highway speeds for me.

I also use Rain X and only reapply every 6 months maybe. Even on the Rain X website in the FAQ it says the product typically lasts 3 months. And we all know they'd be the ones to push for a shorter application time to sell more product.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the evolution and really dont have an issue with pullback. Maybe at 75mph+ but if I am going that fast in the rain.... anyways haha. I use the rain-x window cleaner which is awesome because I clean the bugs off mine often. THe other rain-x application just gets washed off after a few months while I am apply this probably once every two weeks while I am cleaning. Also no squeak! (New glass helps alot as well)