Winter Floor Mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, hey!

Just wondering what you guys are running for Winter Floor Mats? Living in Ottawa, they use way too much salt, so an ill fitting floor mat trashes thing fairly quickly.

Is a Jeep floor mat my best option?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the "HuskyLiner Floor Mats" in the winter. They seem to work good for keeping road salt etc off the carpets. In the summer I use the Mopar Slush Mats that are no good in the winter but ok the rest of the time.

Dave

New Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the "HuskyLiner Floor Mats" in the winter. They seem to work good for keeping road salt etc off the carpets. In the summer I use the Mopar Slush Mats that are no good in the winter but ok the rest of the time.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I will have to check those out.

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have the slush mats too. I wish I sprung the extra few bucks and got the husky liners. Maybe Santa will bring them this year.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic to compare the Husky Liners to the OEM Jeep Mud/Slush Mats. You can see how the sides come up to hold mud/slush/snow etc whereas the OEM Slush Mats don't. I use the Mud/Slush Mats as summer mats and the Husky Liners in the winter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Husky Liner in the jeep.......

In the back.......

I put the Husky Liners in for the winter today. I cleaned them up with Mothers Back to Black and I must have used too much of it or something because now they are slick so I am hoping the Mothers will wear off soon.....haha

Dave

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually they don't look too bad Dave.
Just be careful if you do hit snow, you are liable to slide and who knows what from there, slippery mats aint good news.
Don't Armorall your brake pedal either!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually they don't look too bad Dave.
Just be careful if you do hit snow, you are liable to slide and who knows what from there, slippery mats aint good news.
Don't Armorall your brake pedal either!

Yeah, I had mud everywhere and cleaned out the inside. If the slickness doesn't wear off soon I will have to take some sandpaper to them or switch them since I have 2 sets of front Husky Liners. (don't ask)

I just use a damp rag on the pedals. I need to do that as they still got some mud on them.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I Need a set for the rear....if you are willing to spare..
why do you have 2 sets..I just gotta know...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Need a set for the rear....if you are willing to spare..
why do you have 2 sets..I just gotta know...

Oh maaaannn...........I bought a front set of Husky Liners after the first winter with the OEM Slush Mats cause I kept getting road salt and mud all over the place and ended up cleaning the carpet a whole bunch of times to get the stains out. I didn't buy the rear ones since no one ever sits back there anyway so I just left the rear OEM Slush Mats back there. Then I got a deal on a complete set of Husky Liners and since the seller wanted to sell both front and back I ended up with 2 extra front ones. Tried to sell them but the deal fell through. Then I tried to just give them away and the deal fell through. So enough of that. I am using the extra ones for boot/shoe mats and they actually work very well. So they are keepers. I also have the OEM Carpet Mats in brand new condition anyone can have for free if they want to come get them. I am not shipping anything any more. Every time I try to clean out the garage I find stuff to give away.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that was an interesting story how one accumulates more stuff only to want to get rid of some of it for free...:smokin:
Well then I guess you don't have any rear husky spares.
SO in my story, I ask that if you can please get some clear photos of the rear husky for me as I have a decision to make.
When I ordered my front Weathertechs, I did not get their rear cause I was not sure how it would look over the hump, and was not using the back seats much / floor. Well now since I accumulated more crap as well & I like to use the rear floor areas and would like to get em covered with something decent.
So If I can see some of your pics maybe this time I can make a decision, do I go with the husky liners for the rear (which I assume you have) or go with the Weathertechs? Photos would really help..Thanks Dave if you can.
If anyone has some husky or Weathertech rears for sale that would be cool too.:badger_1:

Last edited:

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I might have to get me a set of those husky floor liners, right now I put some Mopr slush mats in mine that are for a TJ but still work..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pick of the rear. I didn't push it down all the way when I put it back in. It fits more snug than it looks in the pic. I could take more pics if you want.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the same ones as Dave (same interior too). I have the front, rear, and cargo ones...love them!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Dave, is that your famed 'banstick' on the backside of your passenger seat? :p

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That probably is how Dave checks the tires's air pressure! Right Dave?
Anyways, it appears in your latest photos that the center hump piece is separate from the two right and left liners is that correct?