Windows mist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
It is in dash,behind glove box,usually can smell anti-freeze if it leaks. Does your AC compressor cycle on when defroster is on?

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does cycle and i have just filled the anti-freeze (some got out when i was installing k&n intake). The system was checked for leaks...

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so after several days of thinking, trying and thinking again i went to the dealer.
They looked through everything: area at the right of the windshield, where the air is sucked in, interior (dash part and checked if it was wet anywhere).
At last they said, that they really wanted to help, but there was nothing they could do, my rig looked ideal to them...which is what i usually like to hear, but not this time!

This was driving me crazy. At some point i actually thought of selling it, as it was hard to drive and every time it fogged up i was freaking out.
And i got arb and frankenlift comin up!

So i decided to give it final shot myself. Went to a carwash, so that i could try and find out if maybe there's water leaking somewhere.
Took apart the plastic outside the windshield again.
Found a net, that filters leaves and stuff. It was dirty, but by far not that dirty to make my car fog up inside. Anyway i took it out and washed it. Under it there was another filter-like dirty thing...well, at that point i thought it was some kind of a filter. Turned out to be a flap, that blocked the way inside the interior. I started the engine, but it was still shut! Then it came up to me: this was the flap, that blocks the airflow at cycling position, but for some reason it decided not to open anymore!
So i opened it manually and everything went away! No f**king fog anywhere!
I don't have to use neither the air conditioner, nor any of the air blowing levels past 2! I love my Jeep again! nana.gif

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Very cool - this is a great reference for others who might have the same issues later on down the road. Well done! :D

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, there is definately a place for air filter there - holes for screws and channels for seals. Almost like they wanted to put one there, but then decided not to.

I'll look up, maybe this part is unified with some other vehicle, which does have a filter.

Latest posts

Members online