Window switches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy ask me to take him to take him somewhere today(He doesnt have a car), which is ok with me since he usually rides around with me when I go places..

Anyway, we had gotten back to school and he took it upon himself to put the windows up.. He a purdy cool guy when it comes to not touching my things in the Jeep and such, but I guess he just didnt think there was anything wrong with putting the windows up... The only thing, he rolled all four of them up at one time.. This wont hurt anything, but I dont like it..

The problem was, the front windows got up first, and then the back right window got up.. The back left window had around 3in left to go and it took it a good 5sec to make it since he still had all the other switches held up.. I was about to shart myself.. I cant stand it when people touch stuff in my Jeep and the switches in that position gives them a chance to control stuff that I dont want them to.. I thought it was funny when he ask me if something was wrong with that window since it took it forever to get up.. I just said, "yea, it will do that when you hold all them at once.." :mad:

Rant over..

Now if it was a girl, I could care less if she touches.. My Stuff.. :D

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL...you crack me up jeepjeepster.

Actually I often roll them all down and then back up again in a race to see which one gets done first :D .

Paul
________
hashish

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He just came in my room and drank 3/4 Dr. Peppers.. He did ask.. But who drinks 3/4 of a guys Dr Pepper? Those had to do me all week... And that was going to suck.. now I only have one..

Last edited:

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He just came in my room and drank 3/4 Dr. Peppers.. He did ask.. But who drinks 3/4 of a guys Dr Pepper? Those had to do me all week... And that was going to suck.. now I only have one..
This guy is definitely asking for it notcool.gif .

First the windows...now the Dr. Peppers???
Where will it end.

Just messin with ya....I know what you mean about this issue though. People need to know how to stay in their space.

Paul
________
Ferrari 159 S history

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you gotta get new friends.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a friend hit up all 4 window switches and use his other hand to hold the sunroof switch!! I told him to never touch the buttons again....That was the end of it.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta get some "girl" friends and let them touch everything in your Jeep. You might get slapped if you tell them that.

Now were you saying he drank 3/4 of an open can of Dr Pepper or 3 cans out of 4 cans that you had?

My windows vary speed when I race them to go up all together. Usually my driver side rear is slowest.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you could roll the windows yourself when you're coming to a parking space or just roll the back 2 up first, and then he'll only have the passenger side to put up. The other thing you could do is to tell him it puts a strain on the battery and also window regulator motors when you do it that way. Sounds like he was just trying to help.

As far as the soda, I'm guessing that he would give you one of his if you were at his place, right?

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He drank 3 outta 4 that I had left.. He would probably give me 3 pops too, but I wouldnt drink all of a guys pop if thats all he had left.

Aight, Ill roll them up before parking next time.. Good plan..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't touch my stuff.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I roll up all my windows and close the sunroof at the same time most of the time. It just takes longer. And yeah, a lot of people lock the doors trying to open the window.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, its ok to roll them up at once.. But if one window beats another, its best to let off so that motor isnt still trying to put the window up when its already up.. Causes alot of strain on the motor, window regulator, and the electrical system on the Jeep.

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my KJ for nearly 6 years now, I drive it to work every day. I also go to lunch with the same person everyday, I wind up driving about half of the time. This has been the routine for over 6 years.

Now this dude is a jeep guy - he and his family have had Grand Cherokees for as long as as I have known them... but this guy just can not grasp the fact that the switch on the door is for the ##%@^ lock.

Jesus crap dude, it has been 6 years! Stop looking so ********* surprised when the ##&&%#@#@ doors unlock when you hit the button! I've told you a thousand times, and have even banned you from touching the switches - yet you still jump like your heard a sniper shot EVERY TIME YOU ARE IN MY CAR.

Ok.... I fell better now that I got that out.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol the people that get in my jeep are to confused to find the right switches so they just ask me to do it
LOL! I love watching people ( familiar and unfamiliar with my jeep) push the door lock button only to realize it's not the button they were looking for.

I also hate when people put my windows up. I know the remember the order of which windows go up first:
1. front left
2. front right
3. rear left
4. rear right
(2 and 3 go at about the same speed)

But when some one else does it and one window is all the way up but they still have the up switch on because they cant process that they can realese the switch, I insult them and knock their hand out of the way and take care of it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about just unplugging the switch that locks the doors on that side. No one is ever in my Jeep and the people that are do not need to be locking or unlocking the doors anyway. Or maybe I should wire that switch to roll their window down... Theres a thought..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about just unplugging the switch that locks the doors on that side. No one is ever in my Jeep and the people that are do not need to be locking or unlocking the doors anyway. Or maybe I should wire that switch to roll their window down... Theres a thought..

I think you should just duck-tape a mousetrap to the window controls....haha

Dave