Window Regulator (?) noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmw2rdr

Reaction score
A popping sound began when the driver side window was raised so, fearing the window would fail in the down position, I left it in the raised position. After searching on the forum it seemed the best replacement part would be a regulator from Steiger so I ordered it and had it put on. Now the window goes up and down like a charm but if you hold the up button a smidge too long a popping noise begins that sounds like the noise it made before being replaced. Window is working properly but something isn't right. Is it possible there is an adjustment that the mechanic overlooked? I haven't taken it back yet. Window lowers with no noise.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the window Motor it Self. I had my back driver door making a popping sound 2 summers ago and it turned out the Gears where stripping. I replaced the entire Assembly. I found a re-manufactured replacement for $140 or so on eBay but in the end it only cost me $100 b/c i sent back my old one for a core credit.

Last edited: