window Reg with motor assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear driver door window reg broke away from spiral gear yesterday. I've all ready opened up the door and I put some rolled up foam in the door to prevent the window from falling down.

So with that all said. Will a Window reg with motor from an 02 and 03 work in an 06? I ask because I have a junk yard near me that just received in 5 KJs. (four 02's and one 03's) and I've been seeing conflicting info on the web that they share the same parts and then they don't.

I can pick the whole assembly for $26.

Thanks guys

chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure but i hear they OEM design has issues from myreading. My 04 has a bad window regulator too. Watched a few videos on youtube and read some articles about this issue. There are some newly designed regulators that are more durable i believe. Just do a search and they should come up, did for me.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure but i hear they OEM design has issues from myreading. My 04 has a bad window regulator too. Watched a few videos on youtube and read some articles about this issue. There are some newly designed regulators that are more durable i believe. Just do a search and they should come up, did for me.

Yea I know about the regulator issues (Had both front doors repaired under warranty 3 times) and the aftermarket regulators but The one's I have been finding are out of stock. I'm also looking at a cost effective method right now since my wife just just had our first born and shes been on leave from work.

chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats sir and i totally understand that stuff. Primarily the reason we got the jeep ourselves. My second little one is about to turn 1 in november and the first is almost 4 and we need something with more space. I think i saw something on rockauto.com that sort of looked like the new design from youtube video i watched. it was instock but more pricey than the junk yard unit you mentioned.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic spiral part is what broke right? There are some replacement kits on ebay as well as the Steiger kit, which I did on my rear window. It costs a little more than the ebay one's but it is a quality piece that comes with some good instructions. I'm still working on replacing the other 3 just for peace of mind.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.