Will this work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would this work. I'm wondering the 8" rim rubbing? I can get the terra grapplers for $300 with 5k on them. I won't be offroading too much, I will go out in the cornfields paths behind my house though for some fun,

I could get this all for less than I sold my 22"s and tires for:

-265/70/17 Terra Grapplers
-17 x 8 Rims (a slew of choices, see below) leaning toward the 1st.
-Rustys 3" Suspension Lift (strut plate and isolators)

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 265/70R17's and a 8" rim you will have slightly more rub than the 22"s you had even with a 2 1/2" lift,lots and lots of trimming!265/70R17's are taller than the 265/75R16's I run(untill I got the front ARB bumber I had to cut the whole fog light area out of the front bumber,the rear is a whole nother story),go to a 17"x7" rim with about 4.5"-5" BS than you will be much better off.

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 265/70R17's and a 8" rim you will have slightly more rub than the 22"s you had even with a 2 1/2" lift,lots and lots of trimming!265/70R17's are taller than the 265/75R16's I run(untill I got the front ARB bumber I had to cut the whole fog light area out of the front bumber,the rear is a whole nother story),go to a 17"x7" rim with about 4.5"-5" BS than you will be much better off.

They both measure out to be 31.6" ? Oz runs the same size, but on stock rims. Do you think the strut plate and isolators would make any difference? Probably not because you still had to cut off the fog light area! Ugh, ruins the plan because I could get the tires cheap. I guess I'm gonna have to go down to a 16" rim.

Last edited: