Will these wheels work on my KJ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 KJ Limited 3.7L w/chrome clad 17's.

I tried painting the chrome clad wheels twice now (two different methods) and the paint keeps flaking off. I'm done with them.

Looking to buy new wheels (tires are still fine), but most websites that offer wheels for the KJ in 17" are garbage (mostly tuner type wheels). Finally found some I like, but they are wider slightly and the offset is different.

I need you guys to tell me if they will fit without rubbing.

Old specs:
Size: 17x7.5
BS: ?
Offset: +41mm
Bolt: 5x114
235/65R17 (Firestone Destination)

New Specs:
Size: 17x8
BS: 4.84"
Offset: +10mm
Bolt: 5x114
235/65R17 (Firestone Destination)

According to a offset calculator, it will move the wheels out about 37mm (1.4"). So... will they work?

I know that going from the stock 16" wheels and tires to 16" MOABs and stock size tires creates almost the exact same amount extension (41mm out) and they run mostly without rubbing.

BTW, my suspension has sagged some over the years, but not a lot.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just eyeballin' the tires while turning before leaving work, looks like the only thing may be the pinch weld. I dunno. Like I said before, some people have switched their 16" stocks with 16" MOABs and it looks like it changes the extension (even a little more) as much as I'm talking about with the 17's and the overall stock tire diameter between 16's and 17's is pretty much the same.

28.95" v. 29.03"

Should work in theory, but I would like an experienced opinion.

Thanks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
In theory and with new suspension yes
sagged / worn suspension its hard to say

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In theory and with new suspension yes
sagged / worn suspension its hard to say
I haven't visited this site in over a year, but it is good to see a familiar face still holding down the fort. :wave:

I really think my only issue may be the pinch weld and I'm not scared to knock it down.

I've been searching an hour or two a day for four straight days and I just can't find a wheel I like that is the same size as stock and within my price range. I feel like pulling the trigger and just see what happens.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here I thought we had finally made you mad and you left for good !!!:hidesbehindsofa::pepper::signs8:

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! lol

Nah, I just kinda stopped modding the Jeep and nothing has broke on it in a long while *knocks on wood* so I kinda stopped comming around. I about forgot how cool the people on this forum are.

First place I checked when I had a question, though. :insane:

BTW, I pulled the trigger on the wheels. Should be shipped in a week and I'll let you guys know what happens when they get mounted.

This is what they look like:

You must be registered for see images

This is what they look like on a Jeep (obviously my tires won be beefy, but still):

You must be registered for see images

Maybe more like what my tires will looks like on them, just a little lower profile:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: