Will 245/70R16 Fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a stock 2005 2wd Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition with no lift will 245/70R16's fit and not rub?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they will fit. Depending on the tire, it *may* rub on the swaw bar. My 245/70/16 Grabbers rub on the sway bar, but only at full lock. A less aggressive tire probably wouldn't.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, they will fit....this is ours with 245/70R16 and no rubbing...

You must be registered for see images attach

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone you have been great and I will be going with the 245/70/16's now.

I have had the Liberty 7 for months now and those stock Goodyear ST tires have got to go and I figured while I was replaceing them why not go bigger for this is a Jeep and why have smaller tires on it when bigger ones fit. :)

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks 06Liberty for the pics of your Liberty she looks good I love the Liberty writing on the hood it is a nice little touch.

I am trying to figure out what the decal is mid way down the front fender right behind the wheel though.

The 245's look alot better to me than the stock 225's that are on mine.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone you have been great and I will be going with the 245/70/16's now.

I have had the Liberty 7 for months now and those stock Goodyear ST tires have got to go and I figured while I was replaceing them why not go bigger for this is a Jeep and why have smaller tires on it when bigger ones fit. :)

Exactly, good thinkin'...to me, the 245's are what SHOULD have been on there in the first place. :D

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks 06Liberty for the pics of your Liberty she looks good I love the Liberty writing on the hood it is a nice little touch.

I am trying to figure out what the decal is mid way down the front fender right behind the wheel though.

The 245's look alot better to me than the stock 225's that are on mine.

No problem, and the thing you're talking about on the fender is some chrome emblems that I ordered...

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem, and the thing you're talking about on the fender is some chrome emblems that I ordered...

I really like those do you remeber where you ordered them from?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually tried to find the same place I ordered mine from for a guy I work with (he ordered some for his BMW)...but the only place I could find them were here:

http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2...PROD&Store_Code=BMI1&Product_Code=BI-BE87-CBL

That's where he ordered his from, but they charge you like $30 shipping then refund the difference which is about $20...so you end up paying about $10 for shipping but they've got a messed up way to go about it. He also just got an email asking which style he wants....why they don't ask you this on the site where you place the order is beyond me. Anyhow, search for " Bimmian Custom Badge Letters " and you should be able to find other sites to order from if you choose....they are really high quality by the way.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually tried to find the same place I ordered mine from for a guy I work with (he ordered some for his BMW)...but the only place I could find them were here:

http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2...PROD&Store_Code=BMI1&Product_Code=BI-BE87-CBL

That's where he ordered his from, but they charge you like $30 shipping then refund the difference which is about $20...so you end up paying about $10 for shipping but they've got a messed up way to go about it. He also just got an email asking which style he wants....why they don't ask you this on the site where you place the order is beyond me. Anyhow, search for " Bimmian Custom Badge Letters " and you should be able to find other sites to order from if you choose....they are really high quality by the way.

Thanks I am going to have to look at getting me a set of those.