will 17" rims fit my ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTjeepguy

Reaction score
02 KJ Sport. i have 16" wheels now. not sure about the bolt pattern or backspacing though. the 17" are coming from a grand cherokee and they are stock jeep wheels....

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
VTjeepguy said:
02 KJ Sport. i have 16" wheels now. not sure about the bolt pattern or backspacing though. the 17" are coming from a grand cherokee and they are stock jeep wheels....
If they're 17" and coming from the later 2005+ Grand Cherokee or even the 1999+ Grand Cherokee, the 17" rims are not going to bolt on. The bolt pattern is different.

Sorry. :(

But 17" rims will fit. Heck 20" rims will fit.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ Limiteds have 17 inch wheels also. 5 X 4.5 inch is the bolt pattern you need. Stock backspacing is 5.5 inches. You need at least 4.5 inches of backspacing to stay under the flares and decrease your chances of major rubbing inside the wheelwells if your going 8 inches wide.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I caution you that a good tire (all terrian or more agressive) is nearly impossible to find for the 17" rim size! I have a Freedom edition and need tires...I can't get anything I like cause they don't come in the 235/65/17 size ](*,)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17's do come stock like everyone has said. I have the stock set of 17's and some 16x8 cragars w/5" BS. I wouldnt go any less on BS than 5" if you flex alot. My rear rubs without extended bumpstops.. Or air bags.. Ill get to that later though.. (whistle)

16x8's

You must be registered for see images attach

Stock 17x?'s on 5.5in BS:

You must be registered for see images attach

TheKJclub

Reaction score
jeepgirl0385 said:
I caution you that a good tire (all terrian or more agressive) is nearly impossible to find for the 17" rim size! I have a Freedom edition and need tires...I can't get anything I like cause they don't come in the 235/65/17 size ](*,)

x2 on that.. :-({|= lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.