Wierdest thing I have ever seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost from the factory I've had a "torque converter shudder" at 45 mph. I took it to the dealer while it was still under warranty and they drove it and agreed that there was a shudder, so they replaced the torque converter. At the time I did not realize it was a torque converter shudder, I just felt a shudder and wondered what was up. It came back almost immediately after the TC replacement. I just put it up as one of those things and lived with it until my rear drive shaft broke. Then after that was fixed there was no shudder for a couple hundred miles then it came right back. Then I went offroading and really threw my jeep around. And it was gone. No more shudder.

I think if it comes back I'll just go offroading again! What an interesting cure.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeep offroad withdrawel syndrome shudder....your jeep just needed to get into 4X4....:smokin:

Dave

spideyrdr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know when you lifted yours, but I swear after going off-road, my Jeep is happier. I have a spacer lift and I would like to think the trails help work out the suspension and stretch the muscles. Just don't pull a hammy!

What was this shudder, exactly? Can you describe it?