Wierd thing happened at 5 Minute Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It helped that the GM at the dealer was an old buddy of mine that owed me a favor or two.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
So the "F" word flies around here now? This place is falling apart without me. [-X

You still havent made "the life and death" of your libby yet. :-s Ive been waiting on it.

So are you hanging around again? Its nice to see some of your comments again. \:D/

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was really surprised to see the F*** thought we were all up standing citizens on here and really didnt need to use that! Great to see that jfortier777 is still amoung us!
As far as used oil I take some of mine and recycle, the rest gets used to burn brush piles down on the farm in Southeastern Ohio along with a couple of used tires, makes a big old smokey fire!

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me, but what makes the "F" word any worse than shit, hell, *******, or anything else I've seen posted around in various places? I'm not condoning the use of the words, I've just never understood why everyone makes a big deal about THAT word and not the others?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, this topic is turning into all-drunks night at a local bar in mid-west, expect to see flying chairs pretty soon..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Damn, this topic is turning into all-drunks night at a local bar in mid-west, expect to see flying chairs pretty soon..

Fairly sure we dont use any of those words here 06liberty. I dont use them personally anywhere, but I guess thats a personal thing. O:)

Be on the look-out for flying chairs hyedipin!! \:D/

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Be on the look-out for flying chairs hyedipin!! \:D/

well after someone broke that pool cue on my head, I am not sure what else to watch out for.. It might have something to do with me making fun of your cave'y terrain. [-(

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the consensus is that I'm lazy; I could have told you that before hand.

Now please to my initial post:

I typically go to a 5 Minute Oil Change in my area and I get the synthetic oil and special filter for it. This is supposed to be good for 5000 miles.

Well, I noticed my last sticker they gave me had 3000 miles on it (before I change it again) and so I went in a little after the 3000 miles were up to get it changed again. I asked them if I had gotten the wrong oil on my last change because I thought it was good for 5000 miles.

They said that their policy is to put 3000 miles on the sticker because they don't know how I drive my vehicle!

I distinctly remember having 5000 mile stickers before and I find it curious that after I put the Magnaflow exhaust on I'm now getting 3000 mile stickers.

Anyone else experience this?

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my used syn oil to a EZ lube once, and the guy looked at me like I was causing him a hardship. We usually don't take those from outside customers, you know, he said. I looked at him and said, what's the difference from the car or the jug? He grumbled and still took it. Now I just leave the jugs on his door for the morning. That way he has something to do when he gets in.

As for the original post, I would say that the employees (if you could call them that) are just trying to make you come back at 3000, thinking you are a person of low intelligence, and want to spend the $40 to $50 dollars it costs to do it again. My suggestion, go to Wally world, buy the jug of Syn oil and filter for around $20 and do it yourself. I'm the only person who has ever changed my Liberty's oil.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeepjeepster wrote:
Fairly sure we dont use any of those words here 06liberty. I dont use them personally anywhere, but I guess thats a personal thing.

Here ya go....

the_titan said:
Or give it to Snowgod and he will cook with it. Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil, Castrol...it's all interchangeable.

I am no hippy, but I go out of my way to recycle everything I can. From oil to soda cans. There is no excuse for throwing away aluminum, even if you don't have a curbside recycling pickup in your area. That shit is expensive as hell to produce and a completely recyclable metal. Same goes for plastic, cardboard and shopping bags.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to say that, too, since I usually reuse them anyway just to gauge how much oil I lost to burnoff, but everyone I tell to use them ******* about how small they are and how they tip over when they are filling them. wah wah wah. Cry me an effin river.

Like I said before, I wasn't defending or condoning the use of these words...just pointing out that it does happen.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06Liberty said:
Jeepjeepster wrote:
Fairly sure we dont use any of those words here 06liberty. I dont use them personally anywhere, but I guess thats a personal thing.

Here ya go....

the_titan said:
Or give it to Snowgod and he will cook with it. Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil, Castrol...it's all interchangeable.

I am no hippy, but I go out of my way to recycle everything I can. From oil to soda cans. There is no excuse for throwing away aluminum, even if you don't have a curbside recycling pickup in your area. That shit is expensive as hell to produce and a completely recyclable metal. Same goes for plastic, cardboard and shopping bags.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to say that, too, since I usually reuse them anyway just to gauge how much oil I lost to burnoff, but everyone I tell to use them ******* about how small they are and how they tip over when they are filling them. wah wah wah. Cry me an effin river.

Like I said before, I wasn't defending or condoning the use of these words...just pointing out that it does happen.

Thanks for pointing those out

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trodo said:
As for the original post, I would say that the employees (if you could call them that) are just trying to make you come back at 3000, thinking you are a person of low intelligence, and want to spend the $40 to $50 dollars it costs to do it again. My suggestion, go to Wally world, buy the jug of Syn oil and filter for around $20 and do it yourself. I'm the only person who has ever changed my Liberty's oil.

Exactly, it's like when they try to sell you the "transmission flush" that costs about $100 when you've only got about 15,000 miles. Or when they say you need new windshield wipers that cost $10 each ($4 each at wal-mart), or a new $25 air filter, or fuel injector cleaning, etc. etc. etc.
A friend of mine worked at one of those kinds of places for a while.....he worked on comission, need I say more?

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry...back OT for a post or two

I rarley swear, and when I do it's only about something that I'm VERY adamant about, like people burning their old motor oil. Burning it for heat is another story, but there was a guy in my area who used to just burn his old motor oil for fun (TOTAL Redneck mind you)...which isn't illegal or anything, but the impact on the environment from burning motor oil is incredible...hence the heated words. I've never seen a forum like this without a word filter before, so I figured the computer would do the work for me in bleeping the word...over on L.O.S.T. they make S*it into Doo-doo automaticaly, and *uck (I covered the "D" in duck :^o ) just comes out at ^$^%*$. Sorry about that, I'll be more careful next time #-o . Back to the OP...

2003KJ

Reaction score
We've got a filter on the site...it's just a bit more slack than the others cause we've never really had much of a problem with obsessive swearing.

blue gascon

Reaction score
gsbrockman said:
jeepjeepster said:
I burn my old oil.. :-s

You must be registered for see images

I burn new oil.

Greg

Actually, it's not possible to burn new oil, when you consider that it's source is decaying biological matter from millions of years ago............ :-k

2003KJ

Reaction score
blue gascon said:
gsbrockman said:
jeepjeepster said:
I burn my old oil.. :-s

I burn new oil.

Greg

Actually, it's not possible to burn new oil, when you consider that it's source is decaying biological matter from millions of years ago............ :-k

Me thinks it was a joke.... ssst.gif