Wider Stance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldenRam

Reaction score
I'd like to increase the track, tire size and I really don't want to trim anything yet. I know, I know, what's the fun in that. I live in Mass and they allow an increase of 4" in track. I was thinking of going with Rock Crawler 15x8 with 4.5" bs and a BFG AT 31x10.5. If I've figured everythink correctly, that should increase the track by 3", right? The 1" difference in bs each side and the 1/2" for the 8" wheel on each side?

I have a Rusty's 2.5" being shipped now. Does anyone have any other suggestions or comments?

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7" rim to an 8" rim is the equivalent of a 1" spacer. How did you get 1/2" from that?

BTW nice tire/wheel combo (biggthumpup)

Edit: Do the limited models have a 7.5" rim?

Edit Edit: Youa re also gonna have to do a bit of trimming.

GoldenRam

Reaction score
Track is from the center of one wheel to the center of the other wheel on the same axle. So if you add 1" to the outside of the wheel, the center of the wheel moves by 1/2". I think I should get an increase of 3" in track even though the wheels will stick out farther by 2" on each side.

I had those tires on my last vehicle, a Toyota Tacoma, and I never had a problem in the snow, even with no weight in the back. I think the stock tires on the Liberty suck in the snow.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GoldenRam said:
Track is from the center of one wheel to the center of the other wheel on the same axle. So if you add 1" to the outside of the wheel, the center of the wheel moves by 1/2". I think I should get an increase of 3" in track even though the wheels will stick out farther by 2" on each side.

I had those tires on my last vehicle, a Toyota Tacoma, and I never had a problem in the snow, even with no weight in the back. I think the stock tires on the Liberty suck in the snow.

(biggthumpup) O!