Why are graphite Metallic parts cheaper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that accessories in graphite metallic are cheaper? I would've thought they would've been more since it's a little less common. I noticed a long time ago, but thismorning I was on Wycoff Chrysler's website thismorning, and the regular color taillight guards, in gray, black, and miedium gray are $71. The graphite metallic ones are $23! They used to be almost $50, but they dropped them even more, so I bought a set. Ended up paying $30 out the door after shipping.

I noticed this with tubular side bars and other stuff too, just thought it was odd. Not that I'm complaining.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I posted about this on another topic, and thought it was a mistake.. :D

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey im not complaining i got the same color scheme as you red freedom editon. But i think its becasue not alot of people buy this color stuff exept those who have it on there jeep so they would rather mark it down then it just sit in there warehouse etc

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have them on Black KJ ? I thought they looked too bright on black, but a few people told me they match the clad rims.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I priced tubular sidebars today and I can get those for $115...when in other colors they cost almost $250...it's just weird to me....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I have no clue. I wanted to get those but I wish they sold the rock rails instead, at that price!! :)
Did anyone install those tabulars? I was afraid they limit clearance.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Yeah I know, I have no clue. I wanted to get those but I wish they sold the rock rails instead, at that price!! :)
Did anyone install those tabulars? I was afraid they limit clearance.

MoladoGuy had/has them...I was gonna buy his from him a while back but eventually passed when I found a set on ebay that were a good price, but ended up not buying them either. ](*,) They do look like they would cause a little loss in clearance right where they go under the body right near each fender flare.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, maybe get it and paint it black.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
MoladoGuy had/has them...I was gonna buy his from him a while back but eventually passed when I found a set on ebay that were a good price, but ended up not buying them either. ](*,) They do look like they would cause a little loss in clearance right where they go under the body right near each fender flare.

Yea, I remember. They do generate a slight loss of clearance. Though I do not go off-road much, I may just put them back on tehee.

hyedipin said:
Does anyone have them on Black KJ ? I thought they looked too bright on black, but a few people told me they match the clad rims.
I had them on the Jeep for some time. Then someone backed into my left taillight, smashing it. I didn't bother to replace the guards though.

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the silver tabular bars, they don't look that shiny at all.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, I don't think that'll look great on my black KJ with silver rims.
What's the purpose of these bars, you can't step on it, and every time you get out you will probably hit your leg.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
What's the purpose of these bars, you can't step on it, and every time you get out you will probably hit your leg.

I was thinking the same thing, but they look good. \:D/

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
hyedipin said:

I was thinking the same thing, but they look good. \:D/

For looks. You are both right.