Who makes the best CV joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArmyKJ

Reaction score
I would go with the JBA HD ones, especially since you have a lift! I would say its worth the investment up front for peace of mind later...

CV axle shaft driver side:
You must be registered for see images

JeepinbyAl.com - Detail1 - JBA-2541-DS-JER - CV axle shaft driver side - Jeep Liberty KJ (2002-2007) - JeepinbyAl.com

CV axle shaft passenger side:

JeepinbyAl.com - Detail1 - JBA-2542-PS-JER - CV axle shaft passenger side - Jeep Liberty KJ (2002-2007) - JeepinbyAl.com

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I would go with the JBA HD ones, especially since you have a lift! I would say its worth the investment up front for peace of mind later...

CV axle shaft driver side:

JeepinbyAl.com - Detail1 - JBA-2541-DS-JER - CV axle shaft driver side - Jeep Liberty KJ (2002-2007) - JeepinbyAl.com

CV axle shaft passenger side:

JeepinbyAl.com - Detail1 - JBA-2542-PS-JER - CV axle shaft passenger side - Jeep Liberty KJ (2002-2007) - JeepinbyAl.com

Nothing special about those.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with NAPA remanned ones, well except for a stick going through a boot but otherwise no issues.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with NAPA remanned ones, well except for a stick going through a boot but otherwise no issues.

I wanted Napa but no NAPA parts stores had them in stock here. Back ordered with no ETA.
So I ended up with Cardone as we needed our KJ back on the road ASAP. (It's our only vehicle*!)
I figure once NAPA has them back in stock and I'll buy a pair of them. Then I can pull the inner CV off and machine them down.

Thanks
Ry'

Last edited:

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted Napa but no NAPA parts stores had them in stock here. Back ordered with no ETA.
So I ended up with Cardone as we needed our KJ back on the road ASAP. (It's our only vehicle!)
I figure once NAPA has them back in stock and I'll buy a pair of them. Then I can pull the inner CV off and machine them down.

Thanks
Ry'

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure NAPA reman'd CV's are Cardone. When I bought mine from NAPA it came in a Cardone box. Haven't had any problems in the 10K+ miles I have it so far.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure NAPA reman'd CV's are Cardone. When I bought mine from NAPA it came in a Cardone box. Haven't had any problems in the 10K+ miles I have it so far.

Interesting.
I Didn't know that!
The first pair bought was pooched! We opened the boxes after the parts were
delivered and the splines/threads were trashed... That was another day wasted!
I didn't have time to machine down the inner CV's so instead I left out the clevis
lift so there is less strain on them*.

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread but updated to 2017, Napa only offers Caldone now... Wonder if JBA is better at 2x the price

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked the website, NAPA still offers the reman front CV shafts for each side and the website says NAPA MaxDrive. Reserve online, pick up in store...

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked the website, NAPA still offers the reman front CV shafts for each side and the website says NAPA MaxDrive. Reserve online, pick up in store...

Click on warranty. Comes up Caldone warranty. But I would stick to the remans even if Caldone vs new to ensure length is same as OEM

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cardone is probably the only rebuilder, so Napa remans were probably always cardone.

Members online

No members online now.