Who let's their vehicle warm up first thing in the a.m?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a 2nd thought here. Of course, the last time I drove in snow was probably 2002 in Germany. Even then, I don't recall ever making it a point to let my vehicle warm up.

jpm

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be an Iowa thing but you CANNOT leave a vehicle unattended. Many people here in Sioux City have received tickets for this. I have a garage and let it go for about 30 secs or so and go. Outside, I let it go for about a min or two and drive slow until I see the temp start to go up a notch or two before I start driving normal.

2003KJ

Reaction score
chetos said:
Must be an Iowa thing but you CANNOT leave a vehicle unattended. Many people here in Sioux City have received tickets for this. I have a garage and let it go for about 30 secs or so and go. Outside, I let it go for about a min or two and drive slow until I see the temp start to go up a notch or two before I start driving normal.

I just saw a story on this a couple of weeks ago in my area that they are beginning to hand out tickets. I'd like to see them try to give me one. If it's on MY personal property and it's MY personal belonging, to me they have no grounds to issue a ticket.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
chetos said:

I just saw a story on this a couple of weeks ago in my area that they are beginning to hand out tickets. I'd like to see them try to give me one. If it's on MY personal property and it's MY personal belonging, to me they have no grounds to issue a ticket.

I agree, that and the "Click it or ticket" thing is dumb. It's my life, my car...

N / A

Reaction score
it's far better off to drive it at low rpms to let it warm up then to let it idle....

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always let it warm up for about 10 to 15 mins regardless of the weather