Who is this??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking at my options to make some crossbars for my roof rack and found some pictures where a guy made some with pipe and clamp-on pipe tees.

I bet its someone on here but after two hours of forum searching i can't find anything, here is a picture i found online.

I need some details on this..

Pipe Size?
Clamp-On Tee Size?
Where did you get them?

I went through three stores now and can't find any of these tee's, and i don't know what to search for online cause i don't know the size he used. Slick as heck looking though!!

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Been looking at my options to make some crossbars for my roof rack and found some pictures where a guy made some with pipe and clamp-on pipe tees.

I bet its someone on here but after two hours of forum searching i can't find anything, here is a picture i found online.

Pipe Size?
Clamp-On Tee Size?
Where did you get them?

I went through three stores now and can't find any of these tee's, and i don't know what to search for online cause i don't know the size he used. Slick as heck looking though!!

Have a look here:
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32824

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, better than gaudy U-Bolts...

Yeah that's what drew my eye to it. I was google searching for home made solutions and i just hit on a page with those pictures but not the full explanation, now i can see the whole how-to on how he made them and i'm planning on doing this myself. Tired of hunting for another OEM crossbar, i got one from a salvage yard thats like new, must have spent its whole life in someones garage, but i can't find one to match it.

Figure i will sell it and build something!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only problem is so far i haven't been able to locate a source for those Clamp-On Tee's. That item number on his post doesn't bring anything up on the Harbor Freight website, called the closest store to me about 4 hours from here and they had no idea what i was looking for either.

Anyone know another store chain that has them?? Home Depot, Lowe's, any of the big box stores etc??

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Only problem is so far i haven't been able to locate a source for those Clamp-On Tee's. That item number on his post doesn't bring anything up on the Harbor Freight website, called the closest store to me about 4 hours from here and they had no idea what i was looking for either.

Anyone know another store chain that has them?? Home Depot, Lowe's, any of the big box stores etc??

Tractor Supply? maybe?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tractor Supply is a good idea i will check them as they sell the stuff those are made for, railing and fencing. I don't have an Ace close to me but i will check the yellow pages.

Thanks for the suggestions!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Hey! I resemble that remark.:D

You must be registered for see images attach

Haha I love how you said "resemble" instead of resent lol!

But that bar with the light built in is BAD ASS lol I'd still rather have mine though lol

Last edited:

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pipe Size?
Clamp-On Tee Size?
Where did you get them?

I just bought a set of rails on E-bay for $50. They are pretty beefy and look like they'll hold up pretty well. I haven't used them yet...going camping this weekend though and will test them out then. :) Not sure if you're set on making your own, but you might want to try that route.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Hey! I resemble that remark.:D

Yeah, I know... As I said, there are HOLES in the top of the roof rails, so you can just use cross-bars, drill holes in them, and drill out the rest of the rail (bottom part). Then, ONE BOLT down through the cross-bar and rail, and you're done. I have to get this done soon, I have a trip coming...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
....you guys have nice racks.....errrrr wait.....I didn't mean it "that way"...haha

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find them readily available in any stores but i found them here...

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...-ft1_quik_klamp_pipe_fittings_5;pg105957.html

Price wise not too bad with shipping for a set of four. I have looked at most of them on eBay and the only thing i still don't like about them is they sit on top of the roof rack and increase the overall height. Using these quick clamps the crossbars are level with the height of the roof rack.

Latest posts

Members online