White side in or out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just bought 265/ 70 - 16 BFG A/T tires for my 2003 CRD, my jeep is atlantic blue with Jeep original alum. wheels (16")

I just cannot decide:

should I have the white text on the tires inside or outside?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inside! Unless you have a lot of bumper stickers, side step bars, etc.. that kinda accessories that will go with white sidewall, otherwise if all uniform, go with inside!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the white lettering looks better out, so I guess I am the opposite of you guys. The BFG lettering is bold.

Also "Westleys Bleach White" keeps the lettering "snow white"

Dave

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White Letters Out!

I think it adds just the right touch. Not to flashy, not to bland.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you are running with the original wheels I would keep the white letters out. If you go and purchase new wheels like the Cragars, then put the white letters in. Black/Black looks really nice....believe me!! LOL. Here are a couple shots from my Jeep with the 265/70 BFG's Black/Black and 265/70 Pathfinders White Out with stock wheels.

BFG's with Black out and Black Cragar Wheels:
You must be registered for see images

PATHFINDER's with White out and Stock Wheels:
You must be registered for see images

BTW...... What size lift did you put on your JeeP?

Last edited:

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always preferred blackwall tires, But the KJ on stock rims looks good with white letters. Its all preference though, neither looks bad.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have white out now, with cragars & firestone, on my next tire rotation I am going to put it black out. It is really a matter of preference...remember you can always change your mind later.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the white lettering out. In case my, with the nice wheels, my Liberty being white, and the bold lettering of the BFG's, it looks like it was meant to be!

In either case, it doesn't matter. Adding any type of meaty tire looks good on a Liberty.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah personal preference...I like an all black sidewall, but I do like white letters on older muscle cars, seems to fit better.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say it all depends on how you're going to use your KJ. If you're going to do any medium rated trails... black walls out. If all you are planning are gravel roads and parking lots... white letters out.

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to keep the OWL's on the inside I always seem to get them scuffed on rocks and stuff, besides blackwalls look real nice on the KJ.

Latest posts

Members online