White side in or out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's your parallel parking skills? My wife turned her white-letter tires into white-wall tires by rubbing the curb. So we go letters inside!

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
totally personal preference and what look you are going for. Alot of good comments and opinions. <---- key word. It's your rig. Do a little photoshop editing and see which one you like more. My opinion white out for a 'dressier' ride and black if you're out hitting the trails (or curbs) ;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm a white letters out person myself. Don't ask me why.. I just think it's the coolest thing in the world. Although they must be kept perfectly white. That is a huge task. I try to wash mine every once in a while, usually when I notice them getting dirty.

This is your friend with white letters:

You must be registered for see images

richre1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Am Surprised On How Many People Said Inside??
Maybe It's Just Me But I Like The White Letters Out Makes It Look A Little More Clean And Classy.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a white letters out person myself. Don't ask me why.. I just think it's the coolest thing in the world. Although they must be kept perfectly white. That is a huge task. I try to wash mine every once in a while, usually when I notice them getting dirty.

This is your friend with white letters:

You must be registered for see images

Marlon is right. This is the best stuff I've found for keeping the lettering snow white.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

What ever blows your hair back dude!

I look at it this way, If you work your Jeep off road and you've got wicked tyres and you air them down for maximum traction when required, chances are you will scrub your side walls and thrash the white lettering... Henceforth, mount them black-wall out.
If you like your Jeep to stand out from the crowd and let it be known that you've got "the business" then by all means go for the raised white lettering!

I'm about to buy a set of BFG Mud terrain tyres for our Libby and I like to beat on any 4X4's hard!

I figure that the way I drive, the side walls are going to get a considerable amount of abuse.
However, I am having them mounted raised white lettering showing. Even though they are going to get used. (Besides, I know for a fact that these very tyres hold up very well in the looks department regarding the lettering.)
I also like to polish our Jeep and go for a Cruise with my wife... If they have battle scares (and the Jeep has some trail pin-striping), I figure that it will ad to the over all look of a true off road vehicle!

Lets face it. We are all Posers to a certain degree! :)

Last edited:

Members online