white/clear turn signals on 2005 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that the rear light assembly on the 2005 is different from previous model years in that it doesn't have the yellow plastic lens. I can't see it very well, but I believe it has either a yellow bulb or yellow plastic inside the assembly.

I'm considering replacing this with a white light bulb or removing the yellow plastic, does anyone know what type of bulb it is or if this is legal to do? I think it would be a nice stylistic change to not have yellow signals

(I'd also like to change the front signals, but I don't believe that the aftermarket lens is available for the 05, yet)

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its an amber bulb making it look yellow there are bulbs out there that look chrome but light amber which would be fine. if in the end you make your turn signal blink white rather than amber/yellow IMHO you should be shot.....err I mean thats against DOT regulations (whistle)

BTW on a side note, I think the tail light housings are tinted on the '05s vs the '04s and earlier -- mine really look much redder....

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Thats my '04 tails for comparison -- see it looks much redder on the sides...

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, it was actually the blinking white that I was going for. I've seen it on a few cars (custom, not factory) and it always catches my eye as a cool idea. But I guess you have a point in that it isn't / shouldn't be legal, and that I might deserve to be shot for trying to cause confusion on the road (ie, it might look like reverse lights and freak somebody out).

The photo in my sig doesn't show it well because of the flash, but the taillight is actually clear (this photo shows it a little better). You can't see any amber unless you look REALLY close (or light the signal). I guess I'll leave it at that - but I do still want to fix the front signals as soon as the lens' are available.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please dont change the color of your turn signals like that. you'd be no better then the ricers with their green/blue lights.

I still say the '05 tails are tinted (sides) and I want them for my KJ.

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 tail lights for comparison

yep the plastic is red and clear

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online