Which U-Joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to start a thread about this but while searching ran into conflicting information.

Need to replace the U-joints on the rear shaft; plan on buying the U-joints from Napa but they have conflicting part numbers / info as well. Which U-joints do I need o' wise JeepKJ community? Are both ends the same? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2006, 3.7, auto trans, 231 TC

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned there's only one joint to get, Dana/Spicer Premium 1330 series. You can get em at rockauto.com. Yes, front and back are the same.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned there's only one joint to get, Dana/Spicer Premium 1330 series. You can get em at rockauto.com. Yes, front and back are the same.

Ok, front and back are the same but there are two different sizes listed for the same application: 3.2" and 3.6". So both sizes will work? Bigger is always better right? :D

Can't do the Dana ones, need to get this fixed yesterday, can't wait for shipping and no place around here carries anything but house brand stuff. Napa has been good to me thus far.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into this mess when doing mine. Measure measure measure!!! first.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Should be the smaller ones , larger ones were used in the 02 and also 03 I think it was.
Have the info in the garage but should be it

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went out and measured and from one side of the flange to the other is 3.5 inches and considering they are recessed I am going to guess I need the 3.2 inch ones. Thanks for the replies everybody. (Cheers)