which OME spring setup to get...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
measured the door.
frame is 77.5" high (so not a 7' opening)
door height at full open is 75"
I can probably get that 2.5" back if I figure out how to adjust the door opener.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not my fault your parents forgot to strap bricks to your head when you were a kid. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did another measurement, with the jeep positioned so the roof rails were as close to the door as possible...
3.5" from top of rails to bottom of door.
5 7/8" from the top of rails to door frame.

something tells me I'm going to be scraping the rails on the door if I'm not careful. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'd have to lift my whole house up first.
both garage bays are under the house.

Now you know why I want to build a workshop with 8'x10' doors.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
god, this jeep is costing me a crapload of $ this year.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sota, do you have any pics of your KJ with those tires and no lift? I didn't think you could run that size with stock suspension.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

When I ran the math it came up that I had a 50/50 shot of them not rubbing. I will say this... TIRE DESIGN has A LOT to do with whether they will or will not rub. The Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure tires are more AT/MT than a regular "street" tire. That's the part that is just making contact. If I'd chosen a more street tire (like the Firestones I was looking at) I most likely wouldn't have any rub at all. That all being said I'm pretty sure my front springs are sagging a bit as well. At one point I was considering going with straight stock diesel springs rather than something like OME. But I've heard such great reports from the OME setups that I decided to go for that route instead.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen 235-70-16's rub on the wheelwells. But like Sota stated it depends on tire brand / style of tread etc.
John 317 came in to my place to do the lift with worn 245-75-16s, wasn't enough room for a nose hair in front but he was running them. So yes it can be done, is it a good idea? No sooner pr later you are going to have to cross a curb etc just the right way and by by flare :icon_lol:

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One should never, I repeat never let the ability to park in a garage limit the amount of lift you run on your vehicle.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One should never, I repeat never, take the advice of someone who says "never, I repeat never."
And also drops a comma. :D