Where the Rubber me the Mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AjosephNGS

Reaction score
Ah, with about 4 inches of rain in the last several weeks all of the little creeks were overflowing in Virginia. I finally got a chance to get my KK really dirty in some peanut butter like mud. However, this being my first real romp in the KK since I bought it the biggest shortcoming was hard to miss. It wasn't the stock suspension or balding crap tires. It was the super low front bumper and subsequent plastic skirt along the bottom that served as an anchor for most of the ride. It was like pushing a piano in front of the jeep the whole time. I now have gravel and small rocks wedged into the little plastic skirt so hard I have to pry them out with a screwdriver. Every time I look at the bumper now I want to whip out a power saw and cut the mother off. It's f***ing HUGE and low riding and is the only thing that seems to always rub on something. It was a smaller issue in the winter when parking on top of the snow mounds in commercial parking lots. You know, the spots that nobody else can park in. :Bye: That's the fun of having a jeep right? Anyway, it was dragging then but I didn't car as much. Just seems to me the the angle of approach is terrible, like super terrible. There are several alternatives for KJ guys who manage to still protect there radiator and such without this monstrosity dangling off the front end. Where's the love for the KK? It's not like it's been out since '08 or anything. I see guys building custom jobs out of desperation but I'm no metal fabricator. Is anyone cutting, modding or finding alternatives to fix this annoying issue? Granted, a lift would help but i'm not sitting on $1,800 for a proper suspension lift. Am i the only only one who feels this way? I'd love to have something like the custom fabrications that crop up from time to time.

MtnLuvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely have been feeling your frustration since early 2009 when I bought my KK. That's why after waiting a year and a lot of hollow promises by various companies, I decided start designing my own line of KK off-road bumpers. If you're following my main thread, then you'll know I'm getting very close to being done with development and fabrication of prototypes. Then after final fitup on my KK and my beta tester, it will be time to get competitive bids on producing batches of them. I love my KK and it is super-versatile, including off-road when properly equipped, so I'm working to bring out some awesome off-road armor for our KKs for the true enthusiast. Hang in there.:icon_cool:

AjosephNGS

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw your work and really like what you have done thus far. I also saw you have received several good responses from other members. I hope you find enough interest to make it work! I'll keep and eye on your project.

Cheers.

AjosephNGS

Reaction score
This excursion finally broke the black plastic skirt on the bottom of the bumper and cracks the lower part of my bumper it was attached to. uhg.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
This excursion finally broke the black plastic skirt on the bottom of the bumper and cracks the lower part of my bumper it was attached to. uhg.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nice pic.

Dave

AjosephNGS

Reaction score
No, two different trips. This pix are from the most recent trip that actually broke the bumper. But thank you for the constructive and helpful post, I truly appreciate your input.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My KJ rode like crap with the old bagged suspension. It was not off road ready until the lift
I can see that you would like the capability of going off road without dragging stuff and lets face it $1800 is not bad for a quality lift. Start saving for lift springs shocks, skids and enjoy the capability and far better ride the KK must have once installed.
My Ome lift with A-arms in Can $ is over $2k installed. Worth it.