Where do you buy a rear wiper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gavin

Reaction score
I can't find rear wiper blades or refills anywhere around here for my Liberty. Anyone have any sources (other than the $19 dealer blade)?

Thanks

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
found one at strauss for like less than 5 bux....
rallye brand...search for it..i did a post on here w/ the part number and all....

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear wiper

I haven't been able to find anything shorter than 16". You would think that wipers for the best seeling SUV would be easy to find. I did found out 11" blades were used on old VW buses, and Karmann Ghia's.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I ran down to Napa yesterday to pick up a wiper, and found an 11" blade in the Exact Fit brand, which i've had awesome luck with in the past on the front....I was extremely happy, untill I got home and tried to install it. Turns out, on the exact fit ones, they lock into a hole that is SUPPOSED to be on the arm for the wiper, at the tip. But lo and behold there is no hole on the arm for the Liberty. And go figure, the OEM snapped in pieces when I touched it to take it off, so now it's kinda just hangin there.

Looked on Napa's site and they list a Bosch wiper blade, and in Bold and in Red below it are the words "USE INCLUDED ADAPTOR". So today I went down and had them order me that blade, and we're gonna just do a direct swap for the blades (good deal for me as the Exact Fit is cheaper than the Bosch brand, so i'll be coming out ahead if it works, and you don't count all the gas i've spent going back and forth).

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=11%22+wiper+blades&category0=

i'll run down to strauss if they got anymore....if they do..i'll be more than happy start taking orders....

Wow, there's a lot of 800 on there, Buy It Now for $600 dollars. I say we do a group buy and sell them for $2 a piece....$1000 profit.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Well, go friggin figure, the Bosch one doesn't fit either. Out of the FOUR adaptors, none of them work. I took the one off the old blade and put it on the bosch one and it held, put only wiped like 1/4 of the window.

If you all are going to buy off of Ebay, stay away from the Anco ones..they are the same deal, wrong adaptors.....I tried one at autozone to see if it would fit and no luck...I even had the guy there try it himself and he couldn't get it either.

Looks like I might need to get you to pick me one up Jon....we don't have a Strauss down here. Was it simple plug and play out of the box?

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't you just slip the balde out and slide it into the old holder or is that what broke?

2003KJ

Reaction score
cowcatcher said:
Can't you just slip the balde out and slide it into the old holder or is that what broke?

In theory. Problem is, MOST wiper blade arms have a hole at the end for the plastic clip that holds the wiper to the arm to clip on to. On the KJ, or atleast on mine, there is no hole on the arm. I've got half a mind to pull the arm off and drill my own damn hole, plus the plastic clip that was on the OEM did break as I tried to take it off, but it's semi-doable for now.

If possible, can somebody prefferably with an 03 KJ (any year should do however) check their rear wiper arm right where the clip holding the blade on attaches to it for a hole. I just wanna make sure mine isn't ******** and they're all like that.

gavin

Reaction score
Nope, my '03 doesn't have a hole either.

I have tried all sorts of wipers and tried refilling the blade and never had any luck. Anco says it fits with the included adapter, but I can't get it to fit.

This is a bunch of krap that we have to buy only from the dealer. The dealer doesn't even stock them-- it takes a week to order them.

2003KJ

Reaction score
gavin said:
Nope, my '03 doesn't have a hole either. This is a bunch of krap that we have to buy only from the dealer. The dealer doesn't even stock them-- it takes a week to order them.

Agreed!

Jon, if you could snap a pic of yours that would be awesome...and what adaptor you used to hold it on there.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
gavin said:
Nope, my '03 doesn't have a hole either. This is a bunch of krap that we have to buy only from the dealer. The dealer doesn't even stock them-- it takes a week to order them.

Agreed!

Jon, if you could snap a pic of yours that would be awesome...and what adaptor you used to hold it on there.

no adapter..but will snap pics tomorrow...

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
got the pics...rear's hook the same as the fronts.....watch the videos...in the how to section

sorry took a while..was kinda bz all week

You must be registered for see images

oh yeah, was at pep boys today..found some 11"s

kickit_in4wheel

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know I'm new here, and this is my first post, and but since I just replaced my rear, I thought I would say something. I picked up the anco 12", and it fit on the arm fine, I just had to used the plastic adapter from the OE arm. However, it was too long for a smooth wipe. So I took the rubber blade out, trimmed it, and put it back in the OE arm. It works very well. In between this, I went to Jeep, just to see what they wanted for a wiper. $13+ tax. Not a bargain, but it's not too bad.

Rick

Latest posts

Members online