wheel spacers instead of lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Could I buy a set of spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers and be able to fit 245/75/16's with no lift? I know you can't completely stock but I thought the spacers might make a difference because, I found these sweet good year wranglers called authority's they're an AT but looks alot like a toyo MT but they only come in 245/75/16 not 245/70/16 which is the biggest I can run stock right? Let me know! Thanks!

P.S.
I've heard these tires are brand new, they're made only for WalMart by Goodyear, here is a pic of them
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I don't know much about these tires but the biggest size they come in is 265/75/17 which will probably be a downfall with them. I wonder what kinda mileage they get.

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Uh....no. You need to lift to get those 245/75's to fit.Spacers will only compound the problem.

Nice looking tire though. :p

ok, but can you explain a little more why?
why it won't work and why they would compound the problem?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Well first off the tires are 31" and you don't have enough space in the wheel wells to fit that size of tire in there without some sort of lift.

Second, the spacers will push the tires out 1.25", so when you go to turn lock to lock, the tires will rub on the front and rear of the wheel wells...namely on the pinch welds and the front foglight door areas. You will end up tearing the flairs all to pieces.

Search the site and see what people are talking about.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Well first off the tires are 31" and you don't have enough space in the wheel wells to fit that size of tire in there without some sort of lift.

Second, the spacers will push the tires out 1.25", so when you go to turn lock to lock, the tires will rub on the front and rear of the wheel wells...namely on the pinch welds and the front foglight door areas. You will end up tearing the flairs all to pieces.

Search the site and see what people are talking about.

Well, I see
but I don't have fog light doors in my bumper the renegade has fogs mounted on top of the bumper, and I plan to pound in my pinch weld so would that make a difference?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I see
but I don't have fog light doors in my bumper the renegade has fogs mounted on top of the bumper, and I plan to pound in my pinch weld so would that make a difference?

That would reduce the rubbing, but not eliminate it. A lift would be best.....

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Although not the same tread pattern as the Goodyear
tires I was yippin' about in another thread (Goodyear Wrangler Territory),
It wouldn't surprise me if these are the U.S. variant!
It amazes me, one company calls a tire an A/T and another company lists
a very similar (Or cloned) tread pattern as a M/T (Maximum Traction)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Although not the same tread pattern as the Goodyear
tires I was yippin' about in another thread (Goodyear Wrangler Territory),
It wouldn't surprise me if these are the U.S. variant!
It amazes me, one company calls a tire an A/T and another company lists
a very similar (Or cloned) tread pattern as a M/T (Maximum Traction)

Badge engineering at its finest!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.