Wheel Spacer Question with stock rims+tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadNomad

Reaction score
I have an 06 KJ with the factory 17" Oasis chrome clad wheels with standard 235/65R17 tires.

I have read many opinions about the use of wheel spacers some saying a 1.5 inch spacer will cause problems. What I would like to use is a 1" spacer.

I want to add a little width to the track but do not wish to lift the vehicle or change tire sizes. My question is will I have any clearance or rubbing issues?

Hopefully someone who has actually done this can answer the question.
Thanks!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The backs aren't an issue, unless you're saggin and draggin. Where you'll want to check clearances is in the front. Have someone turn the wheels for you, full left then full right. Watch then to see if you have at least an extra 1.5" between the tires and fender wells. Spacers will give you more clearance behind the wheels, but less in front when turning. Going on 3 years now since I put 1.5" billet hub centric adapter spacers on mine, and as I expected, no issues. Be sure to use hub centric adapters, and a drop or two of red loctite on the adapter to axle lug nuts.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First issue you'll have is the fact you want to use one inch thick spacers
Going to have to cut the ends off of the studs to install them, most all are 1.25 inches
Next depending on how much sag you have already, could be up to 1.5 inches or more that will depend on how much it rubs and where
Then size of tires/ tread pattern etc comes into play
Measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare to find out how much the stock suspension has sagged
Then make you a ring 1.5inches thick out of foam or something and fasten to the outside of your tires , made the same outside diameter of your tires you'll find where it will rub right away
Some like spacers , most don't
I think you'll find unlifted they are going to not work well

Last edited: