Wheel Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUS 1 MO

Reaction score
Are the 2008 and 2009 Liberty alloy wheels the same specs as the 2003 Liberty alloys. I have the steel wheels and want the alloys, if they will work with no lift and 235-70R16, and of course the TPMS sensors...
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

JUS 1 MO

Reaction score
Sorry but no, the JK and KK have 5" bolt pattern while ours have a 4,5".

You can use 16" rims of a TJ Wrangler, ZJ Grand Cherokee or XJ Cherokee.

You may also find some 15" rims that fit..but some of them do not clear the brake caliper.

In our for sale section you can find 5 so called MOAB rims, which are the 16" rims that came stock on the TJ Rubicon.

I have them and they look like this:

You must be registered for see images

In my post, I did not say Liberty, sorry. I have read somewhere that they both (2003 and 2008) have the same lug pattern. I am trying to confirm this with facts before buying.. Thanks..........

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, KK's have a 5x4.5 bolt pattern with the same 5.5" backspace of the KJ with the stock 16x7 wheels.

JKs are not the same, however.

16s from XJs, ZJs, and TJs have 4.5" of backspacing, though, and will cause some clearance issues if used with an unlifted KJ. The backspacing is about perfect for a lifted KJ (ThunderbirdJunkie's pavement pounder tires are on ZJ TSi wheels)