What's this I heard about the ARB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read in a thread that getting the ARB requires new shocks up front? Or springs? :/ Or something?

I tried to go back and find it, but I cant seem to locate the thread it was on. It said something about the ARB being heavier so it requires something stronger down below?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers ;) I think Im going to look into a simple winch plate instead.
Either way your going to have to install HD coils,sure the OE coils will hold a winch up(for a little bit) but in a few months it will be sagging badly.

Here is your other alternative without having to go custom...............

http://detoursusa.com/kjbackbone.php

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Either way your going to have to install HD coils,sure the OE coils will hold a winch up(for a little bit) but in a few months it will be sagging badly.

Here is your other alternative without having to go custom...............

http://detoursusa.com/kjbackbone.php

a must hve ...nice and thanx for the info on the install.

The Backbone is a very nice, beautifully engineered piece of equipment.
Taking my time, it took me about 90 minutes to install our's!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
In Alaska with all the super size creatures roaming the roads, I also would want an ARB front bumper. No doubt that extra weight means beefing up the front suspension.
Do a lift all the way around using OME (CRD) springs and shocks in front with JBA 4.5 A-Arms Tera-Flex stops, and the Jeep would feel like a tank, drive better than stock too.
The rear is OME 948 and new shocks with new bumpstops and you are good for many years of travels ahead.
$ well spent.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Simply explained the 927 are heavy duty, but will loose 1 inch+ pretty quick with the ARB/winch. The OME CRD springs are even more heavy duty (were designed to carry heavy diesel engine) and will loose less, stand up better to the weight of the accessories mounted, maintaining ride height/ground clearance.

Latest posts

Members online