What's so great about the factory Infinity's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just curious about this. My mother has an '05 Limited with the Infinity system and it sounds "ok". My '06 sport just had the regular system in it when I got it and when I took my "regular" chrysler speakers out and compared them to the factory Infinity's, my "regular" ones actually look like they were alot better quality. I've replaced them with Infinity ref-6012i's all around and they are ALOT clearer than the factory system in my mother's. The only reason I bring it up is this....I saw a thread about this where someone was going on and on about how great the factory Infinity stuff is and how much research they do to make it sound "perfect" and that you can't make it sound any better than that. Just wondering what all the hooplah is about....

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really THAT great. I just keep em becuase they built the amps into the speaker, so its too much $$$ to replace them since you would basically need a new HU and amp.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced my speakers(no amps on the speakers) with 6.5" alpine type-s', and the stock speakers had more boom, but the alpines highs were 1000x better, i think the alpines just needed an amp to sound their best. now i have a 10" sub and have the bass on my head unit on 2 out of 6 and the treble on 6 and they sound awesome. ill eventually get a 4 way amp for my 6.5's and get 2 new tweeters in the dash

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I was just wondering because I've been comparing mine (Alpine HU and 4 Infinity 2 ways) and my mother's factory Infinity stuff and mine is ALOT better. I can't find that thread now, but whoever it was said something about they pay audio engineers to fine tune systems like that to sound better than anything you could do with aftermarket stuff. I've listened to my mother's and when you crank it, it sounds kinda muddy like all the instruments run together. Admitedly, the bass output is better at low volume than mine....but I can crank mine up and it'll blow hers away. Not to mention that all the sound seems as if it's coming out of the front speakers.

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock stinks in my opinion I ripped it all out and went a bit nuts. Check out the system on my carstereo.com link in my sig.

Latest posts

Members online