What would be needed to get 2009 Jeep Wrangler tires and wheels on Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pong

Reaction score
I was getting some work done on my 02Liberty at the dealership and saw the new style wheels and tires on the 2009 Wrangler. I like the way they look and was wondering how would I go about getting those on my Liberty. I know very little about wheels and tires(and if its even do-able).. would the bolt pattern fit and would I need a lift kit?
Sorry it its been asked before...

PONG

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st you will need spacers that change the bolt pattern from your 4.5 on 5 to a 5 on 5 bolt pattern the new Wranglers have.And since they most run 32" tires on the new Wranglers you will need at least 3" of lift at minimum and lots of cutting and trimming to make those work.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know if you intend on keeping the tires, but a 32" is in the red zone for the Dana 30A front end. You couldn't work it as hard....

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you intend on keeping the tires, but a 32" is in the red zone for the Dana 30A front end. You couldn't work it as hard....
32" tires are still okay for a KJ,it's above 32" is where the problems arise.I've beat the living s#%t out of my KJ on some of the hardest trails here in CO with 32" tires and never broke a front diff,broke a CV joint but not a D30A.It's how you drive that counts the most,people have broken a D30A with a completely stock KJ with stock tires in there driveways.

pong

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I am thinking they may be too much work and money for me to do now. From what I've seen a 3 inch lift is going to be some $$$ on top of the tires and wheels. Maybe next tax season.... lol