What tire size will fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which models? Would 245\75\16 work on a bone stock 2003? I will be putting rancho 5000 shocks and struts on soon though....
Back in 2003 they may have worked with some rubbing but now there is no chance without major rubbing.I put on half worn 245/75R16 MT/R's(OE rims) on my '02 KJ when brand new(3 miles on it) with is a pre-lowered KJ so sat 3/4" higher then your '03 did new and still got rubbing.

Giggity

Reaction score
No ... not without severe hacking

What do you mean by "hacking"? How much lift would I need to make them work? I'm asking only because I can get a good deal on a used set of the 245s. But 70s would work?

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody here can tell you with certainty what's going to fit on your Jeep, but you. The stock tires are 29" tall. The 245's are 30.5" (+/- a hair depending on brand). That's a difference of 1.5" in overall height, and 3/4" in clearance all around. Do your own checking with a ruler, having someone turning the wheels lock to lock, and see what kind of clearance you have now. Doing that will show you what's going to be in the way.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
What do you mean by "hacking"? But 70s would work?

The lower portion of the front fender well...

I had 70's when stock with little to no rubbing. It depends how much your springs have sagged though ;)

Take some cardboard replicate the new tire size and check for clearance ... but remember that you have to allow for the room the tire needs when your suspension is flexed to it's maximum :waytogo:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which models? Would 245\75\16 work on a bone stock 2003? I will be putting rancho 5000 shocks and struts on soon though....

Only way to find out for sure is try lol, I have a 2003 Renegade with stock suspension and I had LT245/75R16 with no rubbing what so ever, Didn't have to hammer welds or modify wheel wells or anything.

Last edited: