What should I ask for it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Freedom

Reaction score
Well I've decided to sell the Jeep and move on to something different. I'm not really sure what I should be asking for it since the Freedom Edition isn't listed under NADA or KBB. So that's what I need help with...what should I be asking for the jeep? Here's the specs,

'03 Freedom Edition 4x4
Automatic
89,400 miles
2 tone leather/cloth interior
6 disc changer
sunroof
cruise control
power windows/locks

New tires were put on 10k miles ago. As you can tell from the pics, I take really good care of the jeep.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Clean Freedom Edition...geesh I wish the 05+ had the window switches pushed back like that :). Sorry just admiring here...

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking KJ, and it looks like its in great shape, mileage isn't terrible but be aware that your not going to get book value for something with almost 90,000 miles on it.

I see KJ's and other SUV's that age and mileage around here all the time for $6-7k. I would say at the absolute highest on a private sale maybe, and i mean maybe, $8k. But not $9k as TBJ suggested.

Look at it from the buyers point of view... Its an 03', seven years old, and its almost 90k miles, most call anything over 80k high mileage these days. Funny story there one local dealership had a high mileage used vehicle sale on the weekend, they classify anything over 75k high mileage.

Ok, now the sellers point of view... We know the mileage isn't bad, and its in good condition for its age, and you want to get as much as you can, but do you want to price it high and sit on it for months and months trying to find a buyer that will pay that, or do you price it average and go from there.

As for NADA and KBB i like to take their info at face value. Lets say you used the private party value on each and then took the average of both, use the Limited Edition for value. Yeah yeah i know its a Freedom Edition, whoop-te-do... I'm not being a jerk here, thats how most buyers are going to look at it. Only the true Jeep admirers like us on here and maybe a few of your potential buyers are even going to know what it is or the difference.

I have seen Renegades for sale in the classifieds listed as the Liberty with a limited edition FLAT HOOD... Seriously, some don't even know what a Renegade is. So don't think the Freedom Edition adds any serious value in the used market unless you selling to a true Jeep nut.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Very Clean Freedom Edition...geesh I wish the 05+ had the window switches pushed back like that :). Sorry just admiring here...

Get an '04 console from eBay or a junkyard.

Problem solved.

(YES it is possible to do that, I believe I was the first person to try it out...)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you find the right buyer looking for a Freedom, they'll pay KBB...sharpest KJ I've seen (well besides mine) :D

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may get $8k
that is what we got for our '03 LTD with all options
lifted with brand new tires
and 70,*** miles on it

when people look to buy they will show up to see it with the printed KBB pages in their hand ,like you did not look or dont have the internet also
and they will nickel and dime you on it ,trust me
when I said no to their first offer and the dad wanted to leave the kid ,who was getting the KJ, looked like he was going to cry

03Freedom

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments! I always try to keep my cars in excellent condition. I'm not in a huge hurry to sale it, but am ready for something else.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
03Freedom, I don't know what your jeep is worth, but it is an awesome looking black jeep. I just had to tell you that.

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty bad when budke is the only one that gets a joke.

But going to go with kb on this, 7500 is what it's likely to go for. So ask 8500 and let them think they're getting a deal.

Must have been pretty dry humor cause i didnt see a joke there... LOL