What roof rack do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itskeller

Reaction score
I am looking for a thule or a yakima rook rack for my 2004 libby limited. There are so many different models on the market and I am looking for whatever rack is the strongest and lowest profile to the roof, and most importantly not to pricey. Thanks guys

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I am looking for a thule or a yakima rook rack for my 2004 libby limited. There are so many different models on the market and I am looking for whatever rack is the strongest and lowest profile to the roof, and most importantly not to pricey. Thanks guys

I use a Thule roof rack system on our KJ.
High quality.
Very strong. Can carry more than what the factory "Roof rack" is rated for.
You can purchase replacement parts world wide.

http://www.rackattack.com/product-pages/thule-450-crossroad.asp
I have 3 pairs with 65" load bars of these mounted on the factory "Roof rack"
And an additional separate 65" load bar and one pair of "400" "foot pack" mounted directly to the sheet metal with a wind fairing for mounting additional off road lights. (Something that I still need to install!)
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3612&d=1297861882
Eventually I'll remove the factory "Roof rack" and permanently mount the load bars with the "400 foot packs" directly to the roof.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i want to point out how wrong it is that only men have responded to the " tell me about your rack" thread.....

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya and how we like big headlights installed on these racks!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You know when the headlights are effective as they should illuminate the whole campsite!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I need to check the clamps on Rola Rack. Less vibration in rack if they are tight!
I may have to consider rubber mounting them if vibrations persist.
Now off to the shop to get Jeep get worked on...OME Re-do with rubber & isolator.
while I am waiting..the parts delivery ladies, show up...in cars.
I will check their headlights, if not very bright, may recommend lunch & a free polishing!

Last edited:

yodejt02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the ever controversial Boiler roof rack. I liked it when I had my jeep. A few things that swayed my decision. One price, was able to get a good deal on it. Two, I was able to have it customized to my needs. I integraded a thule ski rack with mine and a light bar on the front. Three, I did not have to pay shipping since I travel right past the town where Boiler lives.

I am sure rocklizard racks are great, but at the time he was MIA taking time off/restructering the business and I needed one ASAP so Boiler was who I went with. I like Boilers Aluminium construction, as apposed to steel

Now let the nay sayers nay say:beatdeadhorse5:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the one Troy posted of the Rock Lizard one, esp. the first one on the black KJ

oh wait thats mine :happy175:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I just recently bought a complete "Spare" Thule 400 series roof rack with a
Thule cargo basket (the same model as the one I have mounted on our Jeep)
from a Church thrift shop for $25.00!
It is newer and in better condition than the system I bought new back in 1988!