What other mods can I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Ok, I've got skids coming finally...
As well as two Ham radios, one HT one vehicle mounted.

What else can I do to our Rig?
I've got two 5 lbs. fire extinguishers, very comprehensive First Air kit.
Winch, recovery equipment, comprehensive spare parts/tools...

I don't see the need for 265-75-16 inch tires right now as our current tires are more than adequate.

Lockers= Done
4:10 gears= Done
Extra ****** cooler= Done
All service up to date

... Hmmm. Do the second battery upgrade.
Snorkle sitting here, just haven't decided if I really want it.
(Home made version, No photo's)
Extra gauges ready to be installed, just waiting for physical health to co-operate.
New cargo basket waiting to be picked up and installed.

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a survival kit with things like matches/fire starting kit, hatchet, a few days supply of meal replacement bars, fishing line/tackle, space blanket, etc?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Snorkel seems like a logical next step, or the roof rack. What about rock rails?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have a survival kit with things like matches/fire starting kit, hatchet, a few days supply of meal replacement bars, fishing line/tackle, space blanket, etc?

Yup, we have a very comprehensive survival kit as well.
Extra food stuff that has a long shelf life.
We always carry sleeping bags, extra fuel, multi fuel mountaineering stove (MSR XGR with maintenance kit) Flare gun, smoke.
Extra medication, Lidocaine, sutures.
Space blankets, flashlights, extra batteries, etc.

Snorkel seems like a logical next step, or the roof rack. What about rock rails?

Ya, that's what I'm thinking.
I already extended all the breather lines.

The one item I/we really need to look at is either a "Spot"
http://international.findmespot.com/
Or an ACR ResQlink 406 Personal Locator Beacon-406

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ry, first of all I hope your health improves so you're on the trails and under your Libby adding mods whenever you want to...

Second, did you use the in-rad ****** cooler plus the stock standalone cooler? I don't remember which direction you ended up going.

If you did the in-rad cooler, can you tell me what fittings were used in the radiator? I want to do that mod but I can't find anyone who can tell me what fittings will screw into the rad with a nipple that will fit into the rubber ****** lines. Aaarrrggghhh!

For your next mod: Only thing I see (and already been suggested) is rock rails/sliders. You & Jen have built a great off-road machine.

Bob

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Ry, first of all I hope your health improves so you're on the trails and under your Libby adding mods whenever you want to...

Second, did you use the in-rad ****** cooler plus the stock standalone cooler? I don't remember which direction you ended up going.

If you did the in-rad cooler, can you tell me what fittings were used in the radiator? I want to do that mod but I can't find anyone who can tell me what fittings will screw into the rad with a nipple that will fit into the rubber ****** lines. Aaarrrggghhh!

For your next mod: Only thing I see (and already been suggested) is rock rails/sliders. You & Jen have built a great off-road machine.

Bob

Hey Bob,
Yeah, thanks!

Anyway...
We used the ****** cooler incorporated in the radiator in conjunction with the stock stand alone ****** cooler.
Two times the cooling.
I'll take some photo's of the fittings and I'll measure the thread pitch as well and then post it here.
I've got two temperature gauges here for ****** temperature.
I figure one for before cooling and one for after the coolers.
(As well as one for oil pressure, Voltage, and vacuum)

Ya, sliders...
I've been collecting material for some rock rails.
I'd like to fabricate some myself as I have a sweet welder that Jen bought me
and I figure that I may as well re-learn my welding skills!
The only thing it's going to cost me is electricity and materials and time.
Which I have!

kaykay71110

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eek2.gif

I would have to go with sliders as well.

Ya... I see a couple of LED lightbars in the near future!

I'm seriously thinking of those as well seeing I've already noshed both rocker pannels...

I was thinking LED lightbar or Roof Off Road Fog Lights! or HID Xenon head lights?:happy107: but I agree sliders are a must!!