What lift should I get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jon112

Reaction score
I have a 2003 jeep liberty that is stock. My jeep has a 100,000 miles on it and the suspension is shot so i have deceded to to get a lift. I dont want to get that big of a lift just something to get it bigger then stock. I was thinking either a 2 or 2.5 just because i want the car to drive like it is stock.

What is the best lift for the money?
what tire size will i be able to run with a 2.5?
If i do lift it will i have to changed the gearing?

thanks
-jon

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME 927 HD front coils,OME 948 HD rear coils,Rancho 17505 front struts,Rancho 17004 rear shocks,TeraFlex extended front bumpstops,and make your own rear bumpstops = about $700 or so and will give you 2.5"-3" of lift and last a long time.

245/75R16's are a popular size tires for the KJ with a lift that does not reqiure much(if any) trimming,larger you need to do some trimming.You'll need to pound down the pichweld in the front wheelwell.

Technically running 245/75's you should regear to 4.10's,most don't do it,will effect ****** shifting and mpg's.You'll want to regear to 4.10's for 235/85's or 265/75's(32" tires).4.10's is the lowest you can go in a KJ unless you SFA it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
and thats all that needs to be said, follow what TJKJ stated and you will be good.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go with the OME lift 245/70/16 tires will look ok and not hurt mpg as bad as 245/75/16 tires will. If you get rims with less BS it will look even better.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The HD coils give a nice firm ride not what I call harsh, read here and over on LOST the tons of people who have switched to OME HDs and are really pleased with the ride and the way the KJ handles afterwards

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after having OME HD I wouldnt use anything else, I love the ride and the handling is improved, not harsh at all just smooth

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding OME HD Coil springs seems to be kinda harder then i thought here in Quebec... You guys know anything that would do about the same job but in a different brand ? Say BDS or something ? If you can get me the product code would be even better ...
Thanks guys, this forum is very usefull so far !! (thinking, wayyyy more then the stealership so far) :p

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 jeep liberty that is stock. My jeep has a 100,000 miles on it and the suspension is shot so i have deceded to to get a lift. I dont want to get that big of a lift just something to get it bigger then stock. I was thinking either a 2 or 2.5 just because i want the car to drive like it is stock.

What is the best lift for the money?
what tire size will i be able to run with a 2.5?
If i do lift it will i have to changed the gearing?

thanks
-jon

I went with Rancho struts/shocks with the Daystar 2.5 lift and love it. Nice little lift for the money. As far as a stock ride? I think it's better now.I run 245/70 BFG A/Ts and with 90% highway driving not to bad on gas.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Rancho struts/shocks with the Daystar 2.5 lift and love it. Nice little lift for the money. As far as a stock ride? I think it's better now.I run 245/70 BFG A/Ts and with 90% highway driving not to bad on gas.
The daystar lift uses your old/worn coils by just adding spacers.It will sag very bad.So basically you have the exact same ride as you had before since you are still using the OEM coils.

ObiHann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding OME HD Coil springs seems to be kinda harder then i thought here in Quebec... You guys know anything that would do about the same job but in a different brand ? Say BDS or something ? If you can get me the product code would be even better ...
Thanks guys, this forum is very usefull so far !! (thinking, wayyyy more then the stealership so far) :p

I've heard amazing things about BDS on anything except a liberty. I've heard bad things about them for there liberty kit. I would still look at the OME stuff, try online, or ask around at some off road stuff. I'm sure there is a good club or 2 in QC, LOST has a chapter there so try them, they should help yah out :)

Members online

No members online now.