What kind of sound systems are you guys running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock system with a Pioneer 5400BT radio...damn this radio suck dick -_- Planning on changing the radio some day in the future but wont touch the speaker. They are good enough. I keep the money for the home stereo :D

The infinity sound system with the stock amps is what I had, if it's the same the stock system does kick a##

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The infinity sound system with the stock amps is what I had, if it's the same the stock system does kick a##

I never looked to know if I have the infinity or the stock one. But it's good enough for me so I don't care. The after market Pioneer radio I installed still suck :icon_frown:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stock system with a Sony XPlod HU and it sounds decent. First thing on my list is to get rid of the trashed coax speakers in the rear doors, though. I think they're both pretty blown.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a better battery.The Sears Diehard Platinum P1/P4 will solve your dimming issue.

That's the plan when I need a new battery. I only have a 500w amp, so it's not anything major. The dealer put a new battery in it when I got the jeep, but its nothing great. I may add a cap down the line too. I don't have it cranked enough to dim that often, and when it does its not severe.

One thing I do notice though, is power fluctuation when using things like window motors, door locks, putting it in reverse...my lights will get extra bright, or sometimes dim. It doesn't matter if the music is up or not, although the amp is always on, so it's drawing power no matter what. It's been that way since I bought the jeep.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the plan when I need a new battery. I only have a 500w amp, so it's not anything major. The dealer put a new battery in it when I got the jeep, but its nothing great. I may add a cap down the line too. I don't have it cranked enough to dim that often, and when it does its not severe.

One thing I do notice though, is power fluctuation when using things like window motors, door locks, putting it in reverse...my lights will get extra bright, or sometimes dim. It doesn't matter if the music is up or not, although the amp is always on, so it's drawing power no matter what. It's been that way since I bought the jeep.
The only time my lights dim,even with all of them on and the stereo cranked, is when I use my winch.Kinda going to no matter what when you got something pulling 400+amps from the battery.

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just put in my new sub box yesterday, my previous one was not built strong enough so the face actually cracked, so I built a new one at 4.7^ft tuned to 32hz, pictures are to come when my phone starts working,

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next summer I am thinking of moving everything to the rear swing gate to regain all my lost rear cargo room. 13" sub, amps and caps. something like this.

You must be registered for see images

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next summer I am thinking of moving everything to the rear swing gate to regain all my lost rear cargo room. 13" sub, amps and caps. something like this.

That's beyond sexy, but one small rear impact would make me cry.

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running an eclipse cd5030, alpine type r front components, stock rear, re audio *** 15" in a 6.0 cubic foot box @ 26hz, rf t40001bd mono amp, rf t4004 4 channel bridged to 2 running the fronts, 2 exide orbital agm batteries in the back and 1 motomaster agm up front.

Pulled out the batteries, sub, sub box and sub amp. Got tired of crappy fuel mileage and losing my cargo space.

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that rear door is sexy but there's no way I'm fitting one of my subs in there let alone if the door could even support that kind of weight and I would have no room for any kind of box in the door (I guess that's how it would work???) it would be awesome though

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i like this alot...may be my project next spring/summer...I'm a little concerned about the sound quality of that sub though. Just doesn't seem like there's enough cavity space to have enough volume behind it.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the build photos in the photo link you will see it has plenty. My 13"/33cm will require more Vas but I will make it work.

bassmanbob

Reaction score
I have 4 2011 aftermarket Infinity Kappa 6.5s in the doors, 2 90's era Eclipse tweeters in the dash, 2 2011 Rockford P2 12 inch Subwoofers in a sealed box running of a 500 Watt Rockford Amp, with sound being provided by a Sony GT640ui HU. Overall its an amazing setup considering I spent around 400$ total for everything, and it BLOWS away most setups (with the exception of competition haha). Learning how to install and tweak this stuff yourself is also a great way to maximize the sound from what you already have and to save money.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running 2 Sundown E 10s at 1000wrms at 1 ohm. O2 Components front. Jbl GTO628 in rear. Both powered off Optima yellowtop and MB Quart amps 0 guage KnuKonceptz wire.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to relocate my amp and sub and add a cap. my lights dim when it's cranked...my next battery will be performance, but I can't justify changing it when it works.

I can get the amp under the backseat no prob, but I can't think of anywhere else to locate a 12" sub other than the back...I've put it on the floor of the backseat temporarily when I need more room in the back, but that's not a practical permanent solution. The only thing I've seen are those boxes that fit against the side in the rear, but they're expensive and don't really save much space...or someone has suggested doing a down-firing box so I could at least pile stuff on top of it and not worry about damaging the sub....not a bad idea, but still doesn't help if i need to move something big and need the entire space open. any thoughts?

take out the back seat(s) and do a false floor??

kyled

Reaction score
I also have the two 10" subs and a 750watt mono amp. I love how loud it gets. I like it that the whole street gets to rock out to my favorite tune as I ride in my Jeep.