What kind of sound systems are you guys running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious of the kind of sound systems you guys are running, everything on here is always about offroad, I'm not saying I don't wheel, I wheel plenty hard, but I thought I would change it up a little bit,

I have 2 12" audioque hdc3 with a aq 2200w D amp
Pioneer 3400 ub head unit
Aq 1" tweets
Aq components with crossovers

I do installs for all my friends I have done 8 so of you guys have any questions feel free to post up anything I can try to help

:********:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the OEM Infinity system and it is actually pretty good.

Dave

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have alpine type r all around. 12" sub, 500w mono amp. It actually came with the jeep when I got it....but I really had a sick system in my eclipse years ago. Removed backseat and installed 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P2's with a 2400w rf amp bridged, a second 1200w rf 4 channel amp running Rockford 6x9's in the back and 6.5" components in the front. 1.5 farad cap, and alpine glide touch head. That was a system, pretty ridiculous. Was a sad day when I sold the car and had to part it all out and put the seat back in.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two 10" subs and a 750watt mono amp with a Kenwood flipout deck.Only have them because I'm almost legally deaf and couldn't hear the radio very well,okay I still can't but just no room for useless crap in my KJ anymore.

When I get around to it I may have some custom boxes made to go under the rear seat to house some 8" subs so I can free up some room in the back for more tools and spare parts for wheeling:smokin:

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a nice headunit, i love how you did your trim around your radio, did you do that? or did you have it painted? i did a little trim painting, the trim piece under the glovebox and on either side of the steering wheel,

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to relocate my amp and sub and add a cap. my lights dim when it's cranked...my next battery will be performance, but I can't justify changing it when it works.

I can get the amp under the backseat no prob, but I can't think of anywhere else to locate a 12" sub other than the back...I've put it on the floor of the backseat temporarily when I need more room in the back, but that's not a practical permanent solution. The only thing I've seen are those boxes that fit against the side in the rear, but they're expensive and don't really save much space...or someone has suggested doing a down-firing box so I could at least pile stuff on top of it and not worry about damaging the sub....not a bad idea, but still doesn't help if i need to move something big and need the entire space open. any thoughts?

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to relocate my amp and sub and add a cap. my lights dim when it's cranked...my next battery will be performance, but I can't justify changing it when it works.

I can get the amp under the backseat no prob, but I can't think of anywhere else to locate a 12" sub other than the back...I've put it on the floor of the backseat temporarily when I need more room in the back, but that's not a practical permanent solution. The only thing I've seen are those boxes that fit against the side in the rear, but they're expensive and don't really save much space...or someone has suggested doing a down-firing box so I could at least pile stuff on top of it and not worry about damaging the sub....not a bad idea, but still doesn't help if i need to move something big and need the entire space open. any thoughts?

I myself have a box that fires backwards and I screwed on rails so I could put stuff on the top and strap it down and then I have a very large amp it wouldn't fit under the seat I screwed wood screws into the seat carpet through the mounting holes for the amp

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hecktikart look into the big 3 that might solve your dimming issue.

My setup:

Alpine CDA 9886 deck
Polk Audio MM6501 6.5 components
Kaption Audio 6.5 reference components
Kaption Audio D1000 Amp
MB Quart ONX 4.125 Amp
1 Farad Cap
2 12" Kaption SPL subs

It's like a mobile vibrator, chicks love it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
running stock
no changes, hardly ever have it on
I like the sounds of the motor purring and nature passing by

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tore out the stock system and put in an 8-track. Nothin' but Saturday Night Fever up in here!

:emoticondancer:

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot of this is gonna be vague and i dont feel like going outside and looking, its a very cold. its been a while since ive looked at the names i have ....all i know is its a full range set up and i dialed everything to flat. it kicks ass!!!!!

pioneer head unit
some top of the line full range speakers (cant remember the name)
600w sub (cant remember the name lol)
2 10" sub box Kicker

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hecktikart look into the big 3 that might solve your dimming issue.

My setup:

Alpine CDA 9886 deck
Polk Audio MM6501 6.5 components
Kaption Audio 6.5 reference components
Kaption Audio D1000 Amp
MB Quart ONX 4.125 Amp
1 Farad Cap
2 12" Kaption SPL subs

It's like a mobile vibrator, chicks love it

I have done the big three upgrade with 0 gauge and with my 2200d it has not helped dimming at all, it did help with my voltage drops though, my voltage never drops below 13v when I'm at comps on normal music it never drops below 14, at idle I'm at 14.6v I have a led volt meter that plugs into my cigarette lighter, get it for 45 cents on amazon,

And my girlfriend won't let me turn mine up she says it's Too hard to breath :/

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done the big three upgrade with 0 gauge and with my 2200d it has not helped dimming at all, it did help with my voltage drops though, my voltage never drops below 13v when I'm at comps on normal music it never drops below 14, at idle I'm at 14.6v I have a led volt meter that plugs into my cigarette lighter, get it for 45 cents on amazon,
Get a better battery.The Sears Diehard Platinum P1/P4 will solve your dimming issue.

ChristianKline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a better battery.The Sears Diehard Platinum P1/P4 will solve your dimming issue.

I would have already but before I received the jeep from my mom she had a brand new battery put into it and I just really can't bring myself to getting a brand new battery when I already have one, defantly on the upgrade list though

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock system with a Pioneer 5400BT radio...damn this radio suck dick -_- Planning on changing the radio some day in the future but wont touch the speaker. They are good enough. I keep the money for the home stereo :D