What is the average age of a Liberty driver?

What is the average age of a Liberty driver?

• 27-37

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 38-48

• 49-60

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tommudd said:
Bunch of young pups,LOL I have 4 wheel drive magazines older than a lot of you!!! =D> Bought my first 4 wheel drive (Ford Pickup ) in 1975 bought my first Harley in 1978. I drove 4WDs and rode Harleys way before all the Doctors and Lawyers started buying SUVs and riding their store bought choppers. My wife (who is 20 years younger than I) says I am older than dirt, I think there was some soil on the earth before 1954 though!!
I've been meaning to ask one of you guys what it was like to hand crank start a car. Seems like that would SUCK on a cold morning.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
tommudd said:
Bunch of young pups,LOL I have 4 wheel drive magazines older than a lot of you!!! =D> Bought my first 4 wheel drive (Ford Pickup ) in 1975 bought my first Harley in 1978. I drove 4WDs and rode Harleys way before all the Doctors and Lawyers started buying SUVs and riding their store bought choppers. My wife (who is 20 years younger than I) says I am older than dirt, I think there was some soil on the earth before 1954 though!!
I had no clue!

Well if it makes you feel better, you don't look 53....

Neither does my mom. (but she's a year younger)

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
I've been meaning to ask one of you guys what it was like to hand crank start a car. Seems like that would SUCK on a cold morning.
ROFL =D>

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What percent are women?

I must say... and my wife is key to point out that most KJ drivers I see around town are women.. She jokes that I have a "girl car".

Of course my KJ kicked butt in ice and snow while her Toyota spins it's wheels...

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is...I can remember when I was buying gas at 4 gallons for $1.
#-o Those were the days.

Paul
________
weed vaporizer

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
5 bucks worth of gas and you could cruise all night long! Oh and I always parked all of my vehicles on a hill so that no hand crank was needed! Oh it didnt matter about how cold it was because didnt have a heater in any of them anyways, blankets and hot bricks by your feet!!LOL!! Oh well enough about the good old days, now lets hear from some more of the old folks like me HA HA!!

JoBo

Reaction score
If you asked that of CRD owners I suspect you would find many if not most are at or near retiring males \:D/ My first 4x4 was a 1966 Land Rover 88 Series IIA. The one in the old safari movies with the spare on the hood O:) I just retired at 63 =D> Looking around at Liberties in general I see all ages of both sexes. One place I read said 80% of Liberty buyers were females but 95% of CRD owners were males 8-[

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
JoBo said:
If you asked that of CRD owners I suspect you would find many if not most are at or near retiring males \:D/ My first 4x4 was a 1966 Land Rover 88 Series IIA. The one in the old safari movies with the spare on the hood O:) I just retired at 63 =D> Looking around at Liberties in general I see all ages of both sexes. One place I read said 80% of Liberty buyers were females but 95% of CRD owners were males 8-[
It's not 80%....

60.. maybe... it can't be 80%.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24 here...

we have 5 Liberties in between family and other relatives, and I am the youngest owner...the ages are 24, 26. 48, 50, and 58. Pretty diverse range...and as stated, I see all kinds of ages driving them.

sandracer

Reaction score
If I could get all the KJ owners around here to sign up the 61+ numbers would go WAYYYY up. Most of my neighbors are winter visitors and KJ's are VERY popular, as are Cherokees and Grand Cherokees. From my back door I can see three KJ's, mine in light Kahki, two doors down in white and one on the lot out back in Dark Kahki.

Although, I've only seen one lifted KJ in the neighborhood, from Colorado.

For the record, I'm 52. The KJ is our sixth 4x4 with the others being a '76 Dodge P/U, lifted with 35's, a '76 CJ7 I wish I hadn't sold, a '94 F-250, a '90 4Runner and a '73 IH Scout, lifted with 33's. Other off-road toys included numerous ATC's, Quads, dirtbikes, three sandrails, a Manx buggy and three Baja Bugs. The current fleet still includes a Baja Bug, and a Dual Sport (KLR) bike. I'm also building another dual sport for our youngest son. Both of our boys learned to drive in the CJ7.

That doesn't include all the 4x4's (Ramchargers, Broncos, Cherokees, Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions and pick-ups) I drove all over the Southwest U.S. before I retired.

Oh, and I hang out on a number of forums, too.

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Emydol said:
Im turning 21 in 23 days!!

You're not 21 yet and you are on your fourth car?! :-k

im not 21 yet and im on my 5th car :)
1st car - 1990 white hodna prelude - someone t-boned it
2nd car - 1989 jeep wrangler sahara 5-speed, had it while i had the honda
3rd car - 1997 camry XLE - traded the wrangler for it(dont ask, i miss the wrangler, the camry was nice car better for daily driving
4th car - 1989 honda prelude 5-speed 4ws
5th car - 2002 Jeep liberty renegade cuz i couldnt go any longer w/o a jeep! :) still have the red honda

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
billforde said:
indieaz said:
Your average 35-45 year old does not hang out on internet message boards. Those this is probably skewed. Given most people here are going to be under 30 i probably would have broken the 16-35 age ranges up into about 4 groupings for the poll. 16-26 is a pretty broad range.
Ouch, I have used some sort of Message Board since 85', running on dial-up to bitnet to the internet. I am 39 and my friends still "hang out on internet message boards" O:)

Right, there are always going ot be people outside of the mean - i am on some messaes boards with people in their 50s and 60s...but they are in a very small minority. Every message board age poll i've ever seen the results are overwhelmingly int he 35 or less categories. Just like it was here. My point was there are probabl a lot more 40+ people driving around in liberty's than this poll will reveal.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just some thoughts.

The question was "what is the average age of a Liberty driver". Some people could have answered what age range they thought the average was - - and some could have answered with their own age. In any event the best we could do here is get a handle on the average age of members of this board - if the question were re-phraised and then only if at least all active members posted. What I mean is we would probably be too small a sample to apply it to the USA for example.

Anyway, I'm not trying to throw a monkey wrench into the works, but just thinking out loud here.

Dave

p.s. - Look out - I'm approaching 400 posts........