What Do You Regret Buying?

How Much Money Have You Wasted Going Down The Wrong Path With Jeep Purchases?

• $501 - $1,000 --> Could have been worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2,501 - $5,000 --> Have a seat and I will tell you a sad story

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like the title says, what have you bought for your Jeep that you regret buying? The poll is for how much you estimate you've wasted on stuff you ended up not liking after you got it.

In a way, I was lucky to be a poor college student when I first got my Jeep. I'd have done all sorts of dumb stuff if I had gone with my first impulses. By the time I had the dough I had settled in to an idea of what I wanted to end up with (not that anyone is ever "done"!). In my case I regret buying the original mounting bars for my roof rack. When I replaced them with a homemade fab job they not only looked a lot better (as in, you have to look to see that they are there at all) and they are much more robust than the ones I bent up in a low area of West Garage at CSU.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
2 weeks after buying the 04 brand new and installing a Flowmaster on it
worst muffler and the worst thing I have done to any of mine
Of course after owning at least one 4x4 since 73 , I knew what to avoid
Plenty of mistakes back then with the old guys telling me it would never work
{ I listened and learned unlike now a days )

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Tommudd, the first thing that popped into my head was the flowmaster. The sound is 'ok' but the front of the flowmaster quickly rusted and dang near fell off of the Jeep before I caught it. I wish I would've left the stock stainless exhaust alone and it wouldve outlasted the Jeep.

Otherwise, I'm happy with everything I've done to the Jeep. Wish I could've done the TT and 4.10 gears the day I got the Jeep.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Just like the title says, what have you bought for your Jeep that you regret buying? The poll is for how much you estimate you've wasted on stuff you ended up not liking after you got it.

In a way, I was lucky to be a poor college student when I first got my Jeep. I'd have done all sorts of dumb stuff if I had gone with my first impulses. By the time I had the dough I had settled in to an idea of what I wanted to end up with (not that anyone is ever "done"!). In my case I regret buying the original mounting bars for my roof rack. When I replaced them with a homemade fab job they not only looked a lot better (as in, you have to look to see that they are there at all) and they are much more robust than the ones I bent up in a low area of West Garage at CSU.
I bought the cheapo A1 Auto front steering parts just to get my by when I first bought the Liberty and money was a little tight. Got me through Bert's first desert excursion and a few additional months. It was all scrap when I got done with it around 5000 miles later. I also screwed up and bought the wrong used HAVC console for the dash, but dissected it and learned how to refurbish mine...so not really a waste either. I also hate my roof rack basket.

Red Dog 6436

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seat covers. I regret my current seat covers. Unfortunately the company I prefer doesn't make them for Liberty's (just Wranglers and Gladiators). Hoping to eventually find some heavy duty ones that will fit...or check into the feasibility of installing Wrangler ones. I don't like generic fitment ones, so keeping my fingers crossed one some vehicle specific "custom" ones for the KJ.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat covers. I regret my current seat covers. Unfortunately the company I prefer doesn't make them for Liberty's (just Wranglers and Gladiators). Hoping to eventually find some heavy duty ones that will fit...or check into the feasibility of installing Wrangler ones. I don't like generic fitment ones, so keeping my fingers crossed one some vehicle specific "custom" ones for the KJ.
this - my leather seats are coming apart at the seams - I need to hit up the pull-a-part and see if I can find some gray ones to replace them with

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent various nominal amounts on pieces for the roof rack that ultimately got shelved or thrown away. It was the time too, but that's the process of making the vehicle your own. It has to look just right... when it looks off it bugs me and gets redone. Seat covers and spare tire cover are two items that I would up not using after a short run.

Latest posts

Members online