What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerzyiroc

Reaction score
Where did you get the basket and bars? That looks fabulous! How does it affect the moonroof? Any extra noises?
Here's the link for the bars: OMAC Roof Rack Cross Bars for Jeep Liberty KJ 2002 to 2007, 165 Pounds, Adjustable, 2 Pieces, Black (there's another version that silver)
Here's the link for the basket: WEIZE Heavy Duty 64"x 39" Roof Rack, Rooftop Cargo Carrier Basket with Waterproof Bag, Tie Down Strap, Net, Rack Extension and Car Top Luggage Holder

I have an exhaust leak so it's hard to say if it's loud but I can say that I haven't heard any new sounds at highway speeds. It's pretty solid. Now to figure out how to get a ladder on there. Looking at this but not sure how to mount it, plus need to think of a way for it to not bounce off the side. Pickup Truck Tailgate ladder. Picture below is what I'm using as a reference/inspiration

You must be registered for see images attach

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This tire step works well for me. A possible alternative to a ladder, if mounting one doesn’t work out.
I'm going to make one of them, handy for engine work.

Reactions: klc

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

jerzyiroc

Reaction score
This tire step works well for me. A possible alternative to a ladder, if mounting one doesn’t work out.
This isn't a bad idea but as part of team short guy at only 5'8 I'm looking for the ladder so I can access inside the basket a bit easier. It's still a bit of a pain to access the basket even while stepping on top of the tire. :(

LCM'06

Reaction score
Replaced right side upstream O2 sensor, and kinda wish I hadn't; pretty sure I found that the oil we've been losing is running out the rear main seal...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Well gang, my Liberty days are pretty much over. Giving Bert to my Son- in-law as I just bought this:
You traitor*!!!! :eek:

That looks great, Johnny. I hope it brings you years of fun and service. I hope you'll share your continued adventures as you try it out. :D

*at least you kept Bert in the family. ;)

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a sweet Rubicon, Johnny. The Bert lineage shows in your color choices! Probably the JLU needs a little more red trim than just the tow hooks, but no rush. Looking forward to seeing where you take this one.

You are an honorary KJ owner now, so you have to stick around and tell stories. ;) You also have a lot of KJ wisdom to share, from your own experiences with Bert. Let us know what your son in law finds out about cylinder six.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
That’s a sweet Rubicon, Johnny. The Bert lineage shows in your color choices! Probably the JLU needs a little more red trim than just the tow hooks, but no rush. Looking forward to seeing where you take this one.

You are an honorary KJ owner now, so you have to stick around and tell stories. ;) You also have a lot of KJ wisdom to share, from your own experiences with Bert. Let us know what your son in law finds out about cylinder six.
The dang dashboard is like Battlestar Galactica. I haven't even figured out how to adjust the seats. Played the educator/disabled vet card to the tune of 15k...so not a bad deal.

Finally got my dream vehicle!!!

Here's the package:

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score

Sticky valve on #6. Parts on the way. Been problematic since I bought it. relatively easy fix.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.