What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Who is throwing out the first pitch? (Or salamander, or whatever.)

Looks nice - is that for sleeping or for gear storage?
Gear storage. I’m a foot too tall to sleep in it. Still fleshing it out. I was far too disorganized last season.
You must be registered for see images attach

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good Johnny. I was getting my research trailer organized this afternoon too. I tidied up some wiring by putting it into flexible conduit, and got the trailer ready for its next adventure.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Looking good Johnny. I was getting my research trailer organized this afternoon too. I tidied up some wiring by putting it into flexible conduit, and got the trailer ready for its next adventure.

Now that’s a set-up. I’m still waiting on my trailer frame to be delivered…and with materials cost…it might be next season before I have it done.

But I got the subwoofer re-mounted so there’s that.

Lol

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Got to be able to listen to music! It’s not optional.

I started building my trailer in 2015 for the 2016 field season. It had no real interior until maybe 2019. It is a work in progress, and like a Jeep, never really done!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Many, many deliveries of Jeep stuff today. Tons of wrenching to do. Ball joints, wheel bearings, skid plates, flat floor to finish, gear to load up for load testing.

My son is joining me for the annual July trip, so I’ve got to figure out how to load all the usual stuff, plus a second persons gear…and keep the load at 700lbs or less.

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is this a homemade rig? My wife and I want a similar set up, whether DIY or a small tear-drop camper.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
^^^ Nice job

I request a “before” vs “after” the field season pic, showing all the off road scratches in August. ;)
Heck, it will be trashed first trip out on the corn grid! The good news is it hides all the scrapes from last season on the cross bars

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
been stocking up on winter wood, winter 23/24
there is about 6 tons in the pic and behind and
about another ton and a half still to move,
Smart man!

I was sick most of the winter and at times it impaired my enthusiasm for hauling stuff in from the woodrack, but in typical years I run my woodstove and pellet stove all winter and tell the gas company to lump it. I shudder to think of what people still on fuel oil are going through. I read where the price of filling a standard home tank has risen by $600 - mostly coming just in the last month or so.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Ok. I’ve said this before, but it looks like I finally got the ABS fixed. Problem now appears to be front brakes hanging up. It alternates wheels at random. Rears don’t hang. Take lines and calipers are virtually brand new from when I was last troubleshooting this issue. Bad master cylinder perhaps? I’m clueless with disc brakes beyond the basics.