What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Took front passenger door off, removed a couple extra trim pieces under the hood and got most of the wiring harness out.

You must be registered for see images attach

There is a surprising amount of room in that engine bay...

LS swap?

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score

****** rider,

Now why would you suggest something silly like that to a Chevy guy that has a couple extra Vortec 5.3s sitting in the garage. Yep that's the idea, and a little something extra to top that.

I do need to finish my Liberty pickup, paint is supposed to arrive this week.

Stay tuned for more shenanigans!

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
Replaced front passenger window regulator, took 30 minutes and works perfectly now.

Big thank you goes out to Eli Whitney for making changing a window regulator in a Jeep Liberty quick and relatively painless. Front passenger regulator did not bring the window down, but did bring it back up, apparently it's a common problem.

When I took the rear doors apart it took way too much effort to get the window regulators out, and in the process many parts and pieces were no longer usable. This was out of the question for the front door.

Next best thing would be to swap out the entire door from a Liberty. Four 13mm bolts, two 10mm bolts and two wiring connector clips, the door came off. Taking the door off blue one, then off silver one, installing blue door onto silver truck and silver door on the blue truck took less then an hour all by myself.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered an intermediate shaft for the 07. Going to replace the front passenger side cv. axle soon.
Is the Napa reman. CV axles still the best option?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just ordered an intermediate shaft for the 07. Going to replace the front passenger side cv. axle soon.

From reading on here yes, go the NAPA reman route.

Once I finish my front engine job and other odds and ends, front diff and CV axle work will be up next.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just replaced my CV's with napa new units. When directly comparing the reman and new, new axles were significantly tighter in the cv joint. Reman's felt as loose if not looser than my stock 19 year old ones. But, one of the bellows on the reman were better than the new axle. You will have to replace the right mid shaft on the new/remain unit. Just take it off the old and install on the new.

cjw3cma

Reaction score
Today was (1) install the grille / brush guard, (2) install the heated powered outside mirrors, and (3) new headlight and fog light bulbs - on our 2005 Rocky Mountain Edition.

(Sorry for the shaky photo / it was really cold today even in the garage).

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the roof crossbars in the back. I leave them off the Jeep when not needed because they are LOUD!

Going to look at Kayaks tomorrow; probably won't buy one immediately, but just in case...I figured I would bring them and install them if necessary

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some major help if anybody reads this I'm stuck again with not getting heat into the cabin. At least not at the rate it should be. The blower is running furiously at full bore, all the solenoids for the vent controls are moving, that's all three, but something is stuck someplace and not letting air actually move out of the vents with any degree or quantity

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What little air is coming out of the vents with the fan on full is actually warm. the problem is it's not of any quantity that's of any use. The interior can't be fogged and we're frosting over in here in some places.

sleazy rider

Reaction score

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t help, Sota. I’ve taken my dash apart and replaced the air distribution box in my KK, but unfortunately it’s totally different in the way it works from your KJ. Pulling for you though. No heat in this snow storm would be a serious bummer.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
Expecting 8-12" of snow today. Got about 10" overnight, snow took a break long enough to plow my driveway and get the Jeep out for some snow play with the kids!

18month old joined me to make the trek and shovel out the mailbox.

Found a 5foot snow bank of freshly pushed snow that was just calling my name.

Liberty made it with absolutely no problems or hesitations at all! It's finally beginning to live up to the trail rated badge that I removed.

JeepWoman13

Reaction score
I took a extra set of 16's that I had for my 01 Cherokee and put them on my 05 Liberty. But for some reason can't load a picture.

Last edited:

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
So I got in my Liberty this morning and it will not start.

I turn the key and all lights on instrument cluster light up as usual, radio turns on, and I can hear the fuel pump run. Turn the key to start and nothing. Well radio turns off but starter is not turning or clicking.

How would you go about diagnosing whats wrong? Are there common Liberty starting issues?

Thanx for all your help in advance.

sleazy rider

Reaction score
So I got in my Liberty this morning and it will not start.

I turn the key and all lights on instrument cluster light up as usual, radio turns on, and I can hear the fuel pump run. Turn the key to start and nothing. Well radio turns off but starter is not turning or clicking.

How would you go about diagnosing whats wrong? Are there common Liberty starting issues?

Thanx for all your help in advance.

Has it been parked since the big snow adventure? If so, the starter solenoid is probably frozen with snow pack. Get it into a place that can be heated.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Reaction score
Has it been parked since the big snow adventure? If so, the starter solenoid is probably frozen with snow pack. Get it into a place that can be heated.

****** rider,

I drove it around the yard with the kids yesterday, rammed it through a few 4-5ft high snow piles. Parked it in the garage where it was around 34F all night and warmed up to 40F by the time I tried starting it.

Pretty much all the snow that I picked up yesterday melted off the Liberty. I didn't see anything under it.

Any other trouble shooting suggestions?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.