What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the wheel spacers on. Handles much better now!

Before:
You must be registered for see images

After:

Not too noticeable but the tires are nice and flush with the fenders now [emoji16][emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
For the second day in a row, hauled home 4 bags of stone for the spot where we turn around at the edge of our driveway. Something wrong with the neighbor's water that they can't seem to get fixed and the spot is under 4" of water.

I think I need 8 more bags....

Oh, and filled the middle part with beer to refill the newly-defrosted beer fridge ;)

There's a stone'drunk joke in there somewhere...

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to Reno, NV (80 mi. 1-way) in the rain this morning. First stop, VA doctor (good news: I'm still alive); second stop, breakfast, then picked up my new glasses (new lenses in some frames I had 2 prescriptions ago - always liked those frames); last stop, finally got that flawed wheel replaced. Looked kinda funny to see a sorta muddy KJ with what looked like one brand new wheel/tire hagin' off the back. Shoulda made a picture, but I didn't want to get my camera wet.

Tomorrow I get the new Skid Row engine/transmission skid plate mounted and an oil & lube job.

Yesterday, I ordered some Quik Klamp Clamp-On Tees so I can make my own roof rack cross rails. I'm seriously considering a Rola Roof Mounted Cargo Basket. One of the first things I'd like to put in that are a couple of my larger oxygen tank spares. They take up too much room inside the Jeep and can be a great hazard in case of an accident (think of missiles bouncing around inside the cabin). Of course, I still have smaller tanks inside, but I might be able to devise a way to make them more secure/less volatile.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surprised you don't keep a cheap digicam for conditions like that. something you don't mind terribly if it gets lost/damaged/destroyed.

tangent: we used to keep/rotate disposable film cameras in the glove box of all of our cars, in case of emergency, such as an accident so evidence could be documented at the time. obviously in this digital age nearly every cell phone can do that task, so the days of disposables in the glove box are long gone.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the third day in a row, picked up 4 bags of all-purpose stone.

Looks like I get to make it 4 in a row...

You must be registered for see images attach

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my KC lights in. Ordered a new intermediate drive shaft. Getting ready to do the cv's in hope of eliminating the front vibration in the steering wheel.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

you're making me glad I get rock from the quarry for free. so far, 3x 26ton loads of 5/8" clean, and I probably need 2 more at least.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you!

Can you send a truckload or 2 my way for my driveway???

Also, my husband found the source of the water. Looks like the neighbor's pipe between the well and the house has a gusher.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

You got "stoned"......LOL

Dave

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New tunes.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Also, my husband found the source of the water. Looks like the neighbor's pipe between the well and the house has a gusher.
Well, at least you know what is causing it. That's half the battle.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn you!

Also, my husband found the source of the water. Looks like the neighbor's pipe between the well and the house has a gusher.

That pad required nearly 2 full trucks of rock. it's over 16" deep at the corner where the post is.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn you!

Ouch, that's great for the well pump. At least it's on the way in and not on the way out, if you know what I mean. :gr_grin:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I know what you mean. And I am grateful.

The son was trying to fix it a couple months ago, but county sheriffs currently are looking fir him (warrant service, I assume), so he hasn't been around since. His mom's an almost 90 yr old black woman on a fixed income whose husband is gone and her not-quite-all-there granddaughter who works a menial hourly wage job is the only one living there with her.

Doubt it's getting fixed.

My driveway can hold five vehicles (if I squish them together) across the top, with room to turn around in front of them (or room for another row), and a decent run down to the road. We should have gotten new stones at least a decade ago...

w00dr0w

Reaction score
Today I changed the spark plugs, coil packs, fixed the parking brake and replaced the broken antenna..... the pic is not from today, but about 2 weeks ago, just thought I would share!

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, your KJ is kicking ass! How do you like the coopers? Best tires in my opinion, I will be going back once my duratracs are done.
I really like these STT PROs - I like the aggressive look, the grip they have on and off road and how quiet they are driving down the highway. But now that I have my engine/****** skid plate on, the tires rub the front of the wheel well when the wheel is almost locked left or right and going backward. It doesn't rub (or at least doesn't sound like it is) when going forward. I didn't think adding 45# to the front would do that. It's really light scraping, so maybe it's not that big a deal.

Note the 64 Galaxie - real nice car.

surprised you don't keep a cheap digicam for conditions like that. something you don't mind terribly if it gets lost/damaged/destroyed.
I have only 2 cameras, the one in my Galaxy Note 4 smartphone and a Nikon D810. Dirty car with a clean spare in the rain just wasn't a good excuse for a photo with either camera. After that rainy drive home and constant rain since, it's almost like Mother Nature gave my KJ a bath. Here's what it looked like this afternoon.

Latest posts

Members online