What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I helped install a set of those years ago for a friend under protest
rode like crap afterwards, even worse than it did before :icon_lol:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride in mine has always improved, not to mention I loved the fact that when dropping over a hundred pounds of luggage in the back trunk, it doesn't even drop 1/8th of an inch.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine rides a bit... stiff... currently. but as soon as you fill it with people and gear, it rides great.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally let the Jeep dealer do the recall for the gas tank. It looks purdy....a gas tank skid would look better though.:icon_lol:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pictures of the hitch they put on?
wondering if it'd be better or worse than the one I have.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
mine rides a bit... stiff... currently. but as soon as you fill it with people and gear, it rides great.

By the way took the time today since I had it torn apart to measure for you:icon_lol:
front where market top of door frame to top of the pipe is 8 inches
rear same location top of door top of bar etc is 4.5 inches
need more ??
You must be registered for see images attach

Was seeing what it would look like on the Low Down Green, and verdict is in, going back on the Kili

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crossbars installed. Found the set for $27.50 including shipping on Ratukin.com.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Do you have a part or item number for those? I'd like to order some.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed her real good yesterday waxed all the nooks and crannies. Preparing for salt season. Right around the corner.

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the rear upper control arm. "It's easy" they said. "Don't need a walk through or write up" they said. "It's only 3 bolts: 1 in each frame end and the pinch bolt on the ball joint". Yeah, you might have to take out the 3 bolts on top of the diff to get it out. Getting the thing out was not an issue. Popped right out. Getting it back in, by myself was a biotch. Finally had to take out those 3 bolts, which had been put in with max strength LocTite, to get that crap to all line up. But um done. Now, after changing fan clutch, electric fan motor, water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses and a coolant flush....,I'm throwing a code for a fan motor relay...

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fiddled with the heat again or lack thereof. Trying to figure out if the blend door actuator is shot or the door is struck. Drilled up through the pivot on the bottom (small hole) and the door isn't moving. No sounds from actuator motor so pretty sure it's not working. Tried to manually move the flap from beneath but no go. Looks like the dash will have to come apart at least enough to get at the actuator bolts. Not too cold yet so I'll wear a sweater for a bit. :disgust:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well for some reason, the ABS acts up when its cool outside opposed to being warm as 70 or above. Thinking it has to do with the messed up sensor but until the rear brakes are done its not getting changed.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well for some reason, the ABS acts up when its cool outside opposed to being warm as 70 or above. Thinking it has to do with the messed up sensor but until the rear brakes are done its not getting changed.

Funny, my Airbag light comes on when warm (>50F) out but should be off for the winter in a few weeks. :shrug:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well my new rock slider scraped bmw's bumper. You know, the one i installed YESTERDAY. Its a 2001 bmw sedan and apparently he thinks i need to buy him a new bumper. Good for him, and good luck to him trying to convince his insurance company the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way took the time today since I had it torn apart to measure for you:icon_lol:
front where market top of door frame to top of the pipe is 8 inches
rear same location top of door top of bar etc is 4.5 inches
need more ??

Was seeing what it would look like on the Low Down Green, and verdict is in, going back on the Kili

good enough for government work. thanks!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well my new rock slider scraped bmw's bumper. You know, the one i installed YESTERDAY. Its a 2001 bmw sedan and apparently he thinks i need to buy him a new bumper. Good for him, and good luck to him trying to convince his insurance company the same thing.

how the hell did you do that? and does your slider line up with the mark?