What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be nice. Paid $5.53 a gallon here in Canada and that is not factoring the exchange rate which brings it to $6.03 a gallon.

But don't you Canuckleheads up dare use Imperial Gallons? 1 US gallon = .8 Imperial Gallons. But still, 80% of $5.53 = $4.42 ($4.82 exchange), still way high no matter how you slice it.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday & Today I rewired my Gecko lights, all new wire, 6 fuse - fuse box, and 4ga. Cable from the battery to fuse box.

You must be registered for see images

You can just see the fuse box behind the battery

ivantate

Reaction score
Realigned the tailgate and the rear glass. Looking at the paint and corrosion its been slightly out from new.
Shuts great now.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took care of the fuel tank recall.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was going to write up a "How-to" but figured it was pretty self-explanatory
:gr_grin:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of being outside in the absolutely miserable day (hot and very humid), we took the Jeep up to Harbor Freight and picked up a couple toys, then stopped for lunch on the way home.

So far, a good day. Spent in AC ;)

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Battery, I have the same one

It works + it was given to me - win win. I was helping a friend of mine and the battery went dead so I jump started it. He asked if he could use the Jeep to run to Walmart about 40 miles away. He came back with a new battery in it. Totally didnt expect that but greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Bellflower

Reaction score
Wired up the 40 LED Lightbar I fitted on the A bar this weekend. As it is now dark here in the UK I've just been for a drive to try it. Incredible white light output ! If you need extra lights, forget Fogs/Spots, get a Lightbar....................

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of being outside in the absolutely miserable day (hot and very humid), we took the Jeep up to Harbor Freight and picked up a couple toys, then stopped for lunch on the way home.

So far, a good day. Spent in AC ;)

I hear ya! Same here in Frederick. Spent about 30min in the garage and gave up on that. Did some stuff on the "honey do" list inside with the AC. I did start it this evening to see if the lash adjuster has quieted down. Not a peep. Seems to only chatter when cold. Maybe I'll swap them next weekend if it isn't 90+ out.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent all morning waiting and wondering if it was going to rain. Wanted to either wash/clean the Jeep, go for a hike at Perot SP, or go for a ride on the cycle.
About 1pm it started to finally clear up so I got out the hose, bucket, sponge, etc. As soon as I started washing the KJ a cloud came over and started to rain on me. "To hell with it" I figured and continued to wash the Jeep in the rain.

Which drew some odd looks from the neighbors.:icon_lol:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent all morning waiting and wondering if it was going to rain. Wanted to either wash/clean the Jeep, go for a hike at Perot SP, or go for a ride on the cycle.
About 1pm it started to finally clear up so I got out the hose, bucket, sponge, etc. As soon as I started washing the KJ a cloud came over and started to rain on me. "To hell with it" I figured and continued to wash the Jeep in the rain.

Which drew some odd looks from the neighbors.:icon_lol:

Now that is how to wash a jeep.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works + it was given to me - win win. I was helping a friend of mine and the battery went dead so I jump started it. He asked if he could use the Jeep to run to Walmart about 40 miles away. He came back with a new battery in it. Totally didnt expect that but greatly appreciated!

I plan on getting rid of mine before winter, I have no clue how long its been in there, I'm assuming at least a couple years but we call them NEVER START Batteries.

As for what I did to the Jeep today after smoking an Angry Stick (Cigar) I swapped out the front turn signal bulbs with 4157NA's rather than the usual 3157 Bulbs, got that nice deep rich amber look all the way around the front now. Put in new rear turn signal bulbs, then lubed up the front door hinge since it was creaking like Grandma's rocking chair. After that I lubed up the latches on the rear seats since they were making noises as I would drive at slow speeds in town. Then did some chores at the house for the Grandparents.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But don't you Canuckleheads up dare use Imperial Gallons? 1 US gallon = .8 Imperial Gallons. But still, 80% of $5.53 = $4.42 ($4.82 exchange), still way high no matter how you slice it.

Your right Cactus I had calculated imperial. I stand corrected then.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started working on my front end for my a-arm install and lift. Will start right in the morning while its nice and cool.

kspageddie23

Reaction score
Recalls done. Got a free hitch out of the deal...lol and the dealer fixed two vacuum lines for free they were evac hoses...also got to drive a 2015 Chrysler 200...nice little car.